Ambassadorship Announcement & an Award
Happy Sunday! I have some exciting news to share with you- I recently became an ambassador for BioSkin and I am really pumped about it! BioSkin makes a variety of bracing products, clothing, and calf skins that are made with a highly compressive material designed to enhance athletic performance and aid in recovery and injury. Their entire line is both neoprene and latex free, eliminating skin irritation which is extremely important to me since I have really sensitive skin!
Since starting my half marathon training, I have developed a love affair with compression sleeves. They are magical at making tired, sore legs feel fresh and new after a long run or hard workout. Over the course of the last few months, I have tried a variety of compression sleeves (you can read my review on Pro Compression here), but the main difference between those and BioSkin is the material and fit. BioSkin sleeves are made of trilaminate material, making them highly compressive and great for not only recovery but also treating injuries such as shin splints and muscles strains. When I say they have a tight fit, I mean tight. As far as sizing goes, I happen to be a medium in BioSkin compared to other brands (CEP, Pro Compression) where I am an extra small. It is hard to tell from this picture but despite the bigger size label, they fit like a second skin, which is what they are meant to do. While putting them on involved some effort, it was well worth it and felt comfortable and even therapeutic especially after a 12 mile run and a leg day workout in a 24 hour period. I have yet to take them out on a run with me but I plan to do so soon and will report back with a full review of the actual sleeves!
As I mentioned earlier, aside from making calf sleeves/skins, BioSkin also makes orthopedic braces (ankle, knee, thigh, back, elbow wrist) as well as compression supports (shorts, elbow skin, thigh skin), that are all designed to improve performance, speed recovery and treat injury which is why I chose to become an ambassador. I love that their products are made with high quality, hypo-allergenic material and are designed with the consumer’s needs in mind.
As the wife of a chiropractor, I hear first hand about the types of injuries active people suffer and the importance of treating injuries properly or more importantly, preventing them in the first place and whether you need an ounce of prevention or a pound of cure, BioSkin has you covered. They also have great customer service- which in this day and age says a lot about a company. So thank you, BioSkin for making me an ambassador, I am thrilled to be part of your team!
Now onto other fun news, my fellow blogging friends Farrah from Fairyburger, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl and Jessica Joy from The Fit Switch all nominated me for A Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Thanks ladies! I am honored
If you have been reading along with me, you’ll know that I was previously nominated for this award a few weeks ago but if you haven’t or have no idea what I am talking about, I’ll review!
- Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other blogs you enjoy, then comment on their posts to let them know that you have nominated them.
Seven random facts about me:
- I LOVE NFL football and am a die hard New York Giants fan. I have a countdown on my calendar for the official start of the season and usually throw a party to kick it off. Before any of you mention the terrible season NYG suffered last year, I am here to say that they WILL comeback this year and dominate. GO BIG BLUE!
- Naturally since I love football, I also love Fall. It is my absolute favorite season and the best memories I have are of pumpkin picking, apple picking, watching the leaves change and the smell of hot cider wafting in the air.
- The only country I have ever been to outside of the United States is Canada which doesn’t mean much because I live pretty much “across the pond” from the Canadian border.
- In regards to travel, my favorite place to visit is Chicago. It is fabulous and fun with so many things to see and do! I usually make an annual trek there for a girls weekend and always have the best time. If you haven’t had a chance to visit, I totally recommend it!
- I don’t like mouth noises and I have to fight the urge to slap someone when they chew with their mouth open in front of me or snap bubble gum. It seriously makes me angry and causes me a lot of anxiety. Apparently there is a name for this “condition” called Misophonia. Buzzfeed recently put together a funny list of “22 Things Only People Who Hate Noise Will Understand“. It is hilarious and all very true.
- I broke the school record in 2nd grade for the “longest bar hang” with a time of 2 minutes and 23 seconds. I am still unsure why this was a physical education test but I won and that’s all that matters 😉
- I am right handed but wear my watch, bracelets, hair ties on my right wrist instead of my left. Most people assume I am left handed when they meet me because of this. Coincidentally, I have an affinity for left handed people- my husband and best friend are both lefties. I know that I am supposed to nominate 15 other bloggers but since I kinda just did that a week or so ago, I am going to break the rules, skip it and just say thank you very much to my fellow blogger friends who thoughtful enough to nominate me again! <3
QOTD: What is your favorite season? Is anyone else ready for some football?!?
**Disclaimer** As an ambassador for BioSkin I was provided with a product of my choice but otherwise was not paid or compensated, though this post does contain affiliate links. As always, all opinions are my own.