Baked Herbes de Provence Cod with Spinach & Sundried Tomatoes
I made this for dinner last night and I just had to share because it turned out amazing and it was really quick to make. I am all about easy weeknight dinners as usually I am trying to keep my 15 month old from jumping off the kitchen table while trying to prepare a meal. It’s either that or I am responding to calls of help from my 3 year old because my 15 month old just sunk her baby teeth into her sister’s arm. She has a bit of an evil streak and often barks like a purple minion which means I don’t have much time to get fancy with my dinner prep when I’m all alone. This dinner, however, was quite simple and I was able to prepare it without much incident.
- 1 large fillet of cod (or two smaller ones)
- olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- Herbes de Provence
- 1 package fresh baby spinach
- 1 package sundried tomato halves (not in oil)
- 1/4 cup white table wine
- salt, pepper & garlic powder to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Place fish on aluminum foil lined baking sheet.
- Brush fish with olive oil & juice from 1/2 lemon
- Carefully sprinkle Herbes de Provence so that the entire top of the fish is covered.
- Pour a splash of wine wine at the bottom of the pan so that the fish doesn't stick.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Heat a medium pan on the stove top and add olive oil and the other half of the lemon juice along with salt, pepper and sprinkle of onion powder.
- Add spinach and let cook down for just a minute.
- Add sundried tomatoes and a splash of wine.
- Sautee for another minute just until the tomatoes become a bit soft and the spinach is wilted.
- Remove from heat.
- Plate and enjoy!
Speaking of delicious, did you catch that my first ever Quest Bar Creation was featured on Strong Figure?Its a Quest Bar Cinnamon Apple Pie with Quinoa Crumble…it would be perfect for healthy dessert after dinner or as a nutritious breakfast. SO good!
Whats your favorite healthy go-to meal on a weeknight? Have you ever tried Quest Bars or made your own Quest Creation?