The Best EVER Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars
It’s officially October and everything pumpkin is finally in season. Generally I don’t go crazy overboard with all things pumpkin and PSL but recently I did share my Savory Pumpkin Pizza recipe – which is pretty bomb by the way and if you haven’t tried it yet I totally recommend you do.
Today’s recipe is on the sweet side and combines the yumminess of chocolate with the seasonal flavors of pumpkin. Not only are they gluten free but they’re also Paleo AND vegan.
I have actually made a similar version of these before when I whipped up my Sweet Potato Blondies. They’re seriously one of the best recipes I have ever made (along with the the Double Chocolate Protein Brownie Bars) and incredibly easy to make.
In fact, they’re really only made with 6 major ingredients and can be made in as little as 25 minutes or less. They’re sweetened with maple syrup (In this case I used bourbon maple syrup because it’s BOMB) along with some vegan chocolate chips (because YUM) and are packed with plant protein which makes them perfect as a post workout snack or treat!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Protein Bars
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 cup raw almond butter
- 1 30 gram scoop vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or raw honey if not vegan)
- 1 flax egg (or regular egg if not vegan)
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life brand)
- Additional chocolate for drizzling, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together pumpkin, almond butter, protein powder, maple syrup, flax egg and baking soda.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon into an 8×8 baking dish. Batter will be thick so be sure to even it out.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes.
- Remove, let cool then cut into squares
- While cooling, heat 1 oz of broken white chocolate pieces in the microwave 20 seconds at a time until melted.
- Drizzle chocolate on top of each bar with a spoon.
Have a recipe to share? Be sure to linkup with myself and Dixya from Food Pleasure & Health!