Blueberry Vanilla Gluten Free Granola + Bob’s Red Mill Giveaway
This healthy Blueberry Vanilla Granola is gluten free, low sugar and oil free. Perfect way to start your morning or enjoy as a midday snack.
This post is sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill.
Welcome back to our weekly Foodie Friday link up! I’m linking up with Farrah from Fairyburger, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl and Jess from Hello to Fit. Also, make sure you hop around to check out all the amazing recipes in this link up and feel free to add your recipes as well!
Can I get a heck yeah since it’s Fri-yay! That means the weekend is here and I have another new recipe to share! Today our theme is “kitchen cleanse” which essentially is when we scour the kitchen for food we still have yet to use and throw it into an edible recipe 😉
I have to admit that it took me a hot minute to think of something to make. Initially I checked my fridge to discover it was quite bare (don’t judge, I haven’t been home)….no eggs, no bread, just some unsweetened apple sauce and well, not much else.
Then I checked the cupboards just to see if there was something lingering that could be of use stumbled upon an unopened bag of Crunchies freeze dried blueberries (which are super low in sugar)….and BINGO that sparked an idea to make blueberry granola!
Though my fridge and most of my cupboards were bare I just happened to have a box of Bob’s Red Mill gluten free & organic oats delivered to my house along with their nutritionally boosted Vanilla Protein Powder.
Gluten free oats + vanilla protein powder + freeze dried blueberries = granola that’s the bomb dot com.
Bob’s Red Mill gluten free & organic oats are actually the first gluten free and organic oats on the market. They’re 100% whole grain, kosher, high in fiber and naturally vegan. They actually haven’t even hit the shelves yet so I was pretty excited to give them a try in a homemade granola recipe.
The vanilla protein powder was new to me too and I have to say, might just be my new favorite. Not only is it vegan but it is also nutritionally boosted with chicory root fiber, chia seeds and monk fruit extracts for a bit of sweetness- making it just that much more yummy.
Other than it tasting fab and adding an extra boost to the granola, I am pretty psyched about it because it’s one of the only “enhanced” protein powders I’ve come across that doesn’t include greens that I can’t eat (due to histamine intolerance). Definitely perfect for smoothies and adding to baked goods!
Seriously though, between the sweet vanilla flavor, crunchy freeze dried blueberries taste and the oats mixed with almond butter (for extra amazingness), this granola is a must try. Plus it’s easy peasy, oil free, no added sugar and all sorts of flavor explosions for your taste buds.
Blueberry Vanilla Gluten Free Granola
- 4 cups Bob’s Red Mill Organic, Gluten Free Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup almond butter (add a few more tbsp, if needed)
- 4 oz unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup Crunchies Freeze-Dried Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add oats, almond butter, applesauce, protein powder into a mixing bowl.
- Combine mixture until evenly until large clusters form (some will still be loose, that’s okay).
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and pour the mixture on, distributing evenly.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, remove and spoon mixture around so that it doesn’t burn and place back in the oven. Bake for another 10 minutes- watch to make sure it doesn’t burn and remove sooner, if needed.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Pour granola into a large bowl along with blueberries and almonds and mix.
- Store in airtight mason jars.
Want a chance to win some Bob’s Red Mill Organic, Gluten Free Oats so you can make some granola of your own? Enter the giveaway below!
Have a recipe you’ve been loving lately? Be sure to linkup below!
We’d love to stay in touch, here are more ways you can connect with us!
- Farrah | blog | facebook | ins
tagram| pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | i
nstagram| pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | ins
tagram| pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Jess | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
This post is also shared with Running in a Skirt, Best of Blogs linkup.