Carrot Cake Smoothie & An Award
Here is a little smoothie treat for your Hump Day! I made this a while ago and shared on my Instagram account (@mommymightgocrazy) but haven’t had a chance to add it to the blog yet. This one is for you, carrot cake lovers!
- 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 chopped carrot
- Handful of frozen mango or 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder ( I used Plant Fusion)
- Several dashes of cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- Dash of ground ginger
- Blend until smooth and top with shredded coconut and pecans :)
In other Wednesday news, I was nominated for a Liebster Award!
The other day I was notified by Renee at Bendiful Blog that she nominated me for a Liebster Award. If you haven’t already checked out her blog, you should. She posts awesome stuff all the time and is one of the blogs that I follow and frequently visit
So heres the thing, there are rules that come along with accepting the Liebster Award. The rules state something like:
1. Nominated blogger is supposed to have less than 200 followers.
2. Answer the questions the blogger who nominated you asks.
3. Nominate 11 (this # varies), other bloggers.
4. Ask questions for bloggers you nominate.
Usually I am a rule follower but I have played along recently on a few occasions and my poor brain can’t come up with more 11 more bloggers to nominate. Every blog I can think of I have either nominated in the past, have a large following or have been nominated recently too. I really want to answer Renee’s questions though because they are awesome and very creative. Hopefully I am not committing a cardinal blogging sin.
1. Are you a morning person, an 11am-er or a night owl?
As a child, I was always a night owl but now I am more of a morning person. I usually wake up around 5:00 or 5:30 and if I am not in bed by 9:30 I turn into a pumpkin.
2. Quick what’s your favorite item in the room you are currently in and why?
I am currently in my living room, sitting on my couch while typing this. Next to me is an end table with a picture of myself and a friend in Chicago at The Bean. It is one of my favorite memories and pictures. I LOVE Chicago and my friend who lives there is pretty awesome too
3. What’s your favorite show to marathon watch?
Back in the day before Dora and Doc McStuffins took over my TV, I would watch marathons of Snapped or Disappeared on Investigation Discovery. I swear I’m not crazy but I think crazy people are really interesting.
4. What’s your favorite way to spend a Wednesday night?
With wine. Winesday Wednesday is not just for Kathy and Hoda…Hump Day means wine for me too 😉
5. Your neighbors…tell us about them
Interesting question! I live in the country and I don’t have much interaction with my neighbors. Both neighbors on each side pretty much keep to themselves and I don’t see them often unless we are passing each other on the road. I do have an elderly neighbor who lives across the street though and he is pretty bad ass! I call him Beef because most people have beef with him except me, I think he rocks.
6. Would you rather run a marathon or Swim (escape) from Alcatraz?
Since I am not a very strong swimmer it might be easier (that’s probably a lie) to run a marathon. However, I think I would have more motivation to escape from Alcatraz….I have no desire to ever be locked up for life!
7. What are the three strangest gadgets you own? If you have one of those hair curler bucket blow driers or a bedazzler you get extra point in my book.
Crap. I have neither of those. Off the top of my head I can’t think of many strange gadgets. I do have a remote for my shower, which some people think is odd.
8. You’re in a rush to work…what music are you listening to?
Rap. Like a gangsta!
9. What’s your favorite flavor of coffee, toothpaste and gum?
Coffee- Black Hazelnut. Toothpaste- I hate minted things…so the Arm & Hammer baking soda kind. Gum- I’m also a gum hater. Yeah, I’m weird.
10. True or false it’s a little scary when you get new instagram follower and they like 10 pictures in a row? Admit it you’ve done it to people 😉
I think it is really weird and kinda creepy. I had some guy like all 314 of my pictures the other day….it took him less than 2 minutes. Pretty sure he was foreign so I don’t have to worry about him showing up in the middle of the night. Not taking any chances though, so I blocked him.
11. Out of all the pinterest pins you have pinned that are DIY or recipes how many have you actually tried?
I really enjoy trying new recipes that I find and often use Pinterest as an inspiration. That being said, I have probably made less than 15 of the ones I’ve pinned.
Since it’s Wednesday, you all know what I will be doing tonight. My question to anyone who is reading this is; how do you wind down and get over the hump?