Celebrate National Egg Month with this Eggland’s Best Recipe!
Eggs & Arugula With Rosemary Garlic Toast
- 2 Eggland’s Best eggs (large)
- 1 gluten free roll, halved or 2 pieces of gluten free toast
- 2 tbsp non dairy butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1 large handful of fresh arugula.
For the eggs:
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer then gently lower the eggs in with a slotted spoon.
- Cook 5-7 minutes for a runny – just set yolk.
- Remove eggs with a slotted spoon and run under cold water.
- Carefully peel egg and serve on top of arugula and toast.
For the toast:
- While the eggs are cooking, put butter, rosemary needles and garlic into a food processor and process until chopped and mixed.
- Heat small skillet along with butter blend until sizzling.
- Place rolls or bread face down and cook approximately 3 minutes over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Remove bread from heat and place arugula onto the pan and sauté until lightly wilted.
- Place arugula on bread then top with soft boiled egg.
- Pierce egg with fork or knife, let the yolk flow and enjoy 😉