Chocolate Espresso Chia Protein Pudding
I literally LOVE coffee. There isn’t a morning that goes by that I don’t start my day with a cup. In fact, I go to bed at night looking forward to the fact that I get to have a cup of coffee in the morning.
The aroma of that fresh coffee being brewed instantly makes me feel better. The first sip is what I imagine heaven tastes like. It breathes life into me. It helps me to exist….well maybe function but saying exist really isn’t far off.
In fact, I love it so much that there are days that I don’t just want to DRINK my coffee, I want to EAT my coffee.
It is the reason why I recently made these Chocolate Espresso Cherry Bites and also the reason why I whipped up this Chocolate Espresso Chia Protein Pudding this weekend.
To be honest, it has been a while since I actually made chia pudding. I am not sure why except that like I mentioned before, I tend to go in food phases.
Anyway, this past Friday I was inspired to whip up chia pudding after coming across a few recipes by my fellow foodie bloggers. While all of theirs looked delicious, I knew exactly what my chia pudding would consist of….coffee.
To say that this is actually made with coffee isn’t exactly the truth. It’s actually made with coffee protein powder, espresso and chocolate almond butter because, YUM.
It’s also dairy free and packed with plant protein which makes it extra delicious and the perfect breakfast on the go.
You can make the chia pudding at night, shake it up in a mason jar, put it in the fridge and BOOM, it’s ready to go in the morning.
With this recipe, I waited until the next morning and then layered it with the almond butter and dairy free whip (optional), which you can also do. Just screw the lid back on, grab it and go!
CHOCOLATE AND ESPRESSO CHIA PROTEIN PUDDING
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/3 cup chia seeds (I used black but white works too)
- 1 scoop vegan coffee protein powder (I used Garden of Life)
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder
- 2 tbsp chocolate almond butter
- 2 tbsp dairy free coconut whip (I used SoDelicious)
- In an mason jar, combine milk, chia seeds, protein powder and espresso powder. Shake vigorously then place lid and cap on top.
- Place in fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight. It will be done once the chia seeds have completely absorbed liquid.
- Remove from fridge and layer chia pudding with chocolate almond butter and dairy free whip in a separate mason jar (if desired) or just place almond butter and dairy free whip on top of existing jar, screw the lid back on and take it with you!
Have a recipe to share? Be sure to linkup with myself and Running on Happy!