Dairy Free Fettuccine Alfredo
Happy first Meatless Monday of 2016! While I am sorta sad that the long weekend and all the holiday festivities are officially over, I am also kinda happy to get back into routine. My weekend consisted of binge watching Making A Murderer (if you haven’t watched, you NEED to) and also getting my ducks in a row for my new fitness venture, Strength In Motion Fitness Studio!
It’s still under construction (that is taking longer than I hoped) but it looks like we are back on track and will be set to open soon! In the meantime, I am organizing a running club to train for the upcoming Syracuse Half Marathon- in fact, my training actually kicked off today! Yay!
Anyway, enough about fitness…let’s talk about food!
Today I am sharing one of my favorite go-to, super easy, no fuss dairy free recipes. While I have never been a huge fan of traditional Alfredo sauce, I AM a huge fan of this dairy free version!
While I would love to take all the credit for this yummy carbo-licious dish, it was actually my husband who came up it. I am not sure when exactly but some time ago after I pretty much eliminated dairy from my diet, my husband was craving some comforting Alfredo fettuccine.
Since it wouldn’t make sense to whip up some just for him, he came up with the idea of using coconut milk to make it a dairy free dish instead!
This vegan version is tasty, creamy and everything you crave from traditional fettuccine Alfredo without all the cheese 😉
DAIRY FREE & GLUTEN FREE FETTUCCINE ALFREDO
- 1lb gluten free fettuccine
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 8oz bag frozen asparagus
- 1 12oz bag frozen broccoli
- 1 10oz bag frozen sugar snap peas
- 1 full fat can of coconut milk
- Sea salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil then add in fettuccine and cook according to package instructions.
- Heat oil in large sauté pan then add onion and garlic and cook until soft and transparent.
- Cut frozen asparagus into 4ths then add then to sauté pan along with the broccoli and sugar snap peas.
- Add in coconut milk fat, discard liquid.
- Reduce until sauce-like consistency.
- Stir in cooked fettuccine.
- Serve & enjoy!
See? Easy, peasy right?!
Have you watching Making A Murderer yet?
Ever made or had dairy free Alfredo?