Egg & Avocado Recovery Wafflewich
I don’t remember exactly the first time that I tried an egg wafflewich…aka, an egg waffle sandwich but I am pretty sure it was after a long run and I know for a fact that I devoured it.
There was something about the nooks and crannies of the waffle combined with the deliciousness of a freshly cooked egg that really made me go Oh. My. Yum!
Since then, I have played around with the way I’ve made the waffle. I’ve created sweet potato versions, Thai inspired versions and now this gluten free turmeric and chili waffle with avocado and egg wafflewich.
Sounds like a mouthful and it is…a delicious and nutritious mouthful that is! As I mentioned, the waffles are gluten free and are flavored with turmeric powder which as been known to aid in recovery. Then there’s the Eggland’s Best eggs which are EGGSTRA delicious and nutritious.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Eggland’s Best in partnership with Fit Approach but as always, all opinions are my own.
In fact, Eggland’s Best eggs have six times the Vitamin D compared to ordinary eggs plus they have 25% less saturated fat. Not to mention that they are produced by hens that are fed by an all-vegetarian diet and never use any antibiotics, steroids or added hormones… which is what I call a win…a WAFFLEWICH WIN.
While it might be a mouth and handful, it’s actually pretty easy to make. In fact, it requires less ingredients than you think despite being ridiculously delicious.
Egg and Avocado Recovery Wafflewich
- 1 cup gluten-free all purpose baking mix
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 large Eggland’s Best egg
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 cup dairy free milk
- 3 large Eggland’s Best eggs
- 2 tsp chopped chives
- ½ sliced avocado
- Buttered lettuce leaf
- Sriracha, if desired (not pictured)
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Whisk together mix, baking soda, spices and sea salt.
- Add in egg, melted coconut oil and dairy free milk.
- Pour into waffle iron. Close and cook until iron indicates that it is done. Approximately 5-7 minutes.
- While waffle is cooking, heat greased skillet and then whisk together eggs and chives and pour into skillet. Cook until set and then flip and cook for another minute. Fold and place onto plate.
- Assemble waffle, egg and avocado, lettuce then top with more chives and sriracha, if desired.
Pin for later: