Fit and Fashionable: March Fabulous Fit Gear Swap
Happy almost Friday, ya’ll! Yeah, I said ya’ll because I’m feeling feisty…or maybe I’m just losing my mind. Either way, the weekend is almost here and I’ve got another busy one planned.
Not only do I have the Syracuse Half Marathon on Sunday but I will also be going to see Billy Joel in concert with the lovely Nicole from Fitful Focus. We are also going to be running the half together but kicking off the weekend with a little serenade from THE Piano Man himself!
It seemed like a pretty good way to get ourselves pumped up to run 13.1 miles in the freezing, snowy metropolis of Syracuse. We also have plans to cook and eat…I will be sure to share any creations we come up with
Speaking of Nicole, I am linking up with her for Fit’n’Fashionable Friday a day early to share what I received for my March Fabulous Fit Gear Swap hosted by Renee from Bendiful Blog who I will also be running the the Syracuse Half with!!! Yay for having real friends to run with
So how does it work?
- Each month you can sign up for the gear swap. You will be matched with another swapper. You will purchase $20 worth of gear that you think your swapper would like. (if they are into YOGA DO NOT buy them Crossfit gear, please) It’s a great way to share your favorite items with people who are also interested in great gear.
- You MUST sign up through the form by the 5th of the month, and agree to ship your gear out by the 15th of the month.
- You will email your match and get an idea of their workout gear likes and dislikes, ask for sizing if you plan to look for apparel, no one wants gear that doesn’t fit.
- The Best part YOU will also receive a package each month from your match!
- Get great gear and meet some new friends throughout the month.
- CURRENTLY ONLY open to people in the United States.
- On the last day of the month, you can share (Blog, tweet, facebook, instagram) your new fit gear with the hashtag #fabulousfitgear
- I will host a blog link up here at Bendifulblog.com for all the blog posts!
This month I was paired with a girl named Ashley from North Carolina. After emailing each other, I found out that she loves Crossfit and Zumba, loves the colors green and teal and eats Paleo!
Since I knew I was going to be out of town and wouldn’t have time to shop and mail, I hopped over to Etsy to see what I could find and have shipped to her! Here is what I ended up sending her way:
In return, Ashley sent me this “Breast Cancer” ring from Qalo. They make silicone rings to replace wedding bands and other meaningful jewelry that you can wear in place when you workout!
Ironically, I lost my wedding band for a few days (it was neatly tucked away aka hidden by my 2 year old….still have no idea how she got it in the first place), so this ring came in quite handy <—haha, see what I did there? 😛
She also sent along some other goodies! I am already a fan of BioFreeze (my hubby has vats of it in his office) and have heard awesome things about the doTerra Deep Blue Rub!
The last two months I have really been enjoying the swap and have gotten to branch out and get to know other fitness enthusiasts which is a lot of fun! I will definitely be signing up for April too!
Have you participated in the #FabulousFitGear Swap?
Have you ever lost your wedding ring for an extended period of time?
What’s on the agenda this weekend, race or other fun plans?
Thanks to the gracious hostesses for allowing me to link up!