Fit, Fashionable + Fabulously Organized!
I have a new happy place and it’s not where you may think. It’s not a tropical beach somewhere or a rustic winery in the country side….though, installing a wine bar in my new happy place would not be out of the question.
My happy place is actually my brand new California Closet and let’s just get one thing straight, this was ALL my husband’s idea, not mine.
While my previous closet was not exactly pretty or high end, it was functioning just fine. It was my husband who just decided one day last month that our closet needed an upgrade. His OCD/ADD kicked in and just decided there was one too many hangers-gone-wild.
Thankfully, he is not handy or I am sure he would have attempted to take on this project himself. Instead, he contacted California Closets and POOF like magic, there was a woman at my door trying to sell me *all the pretty things*.
I refrained the best I could but when someone is flashing pretty, sparkly things at you, your brain quickly goes to mush and you automatically just start mumbling “yes, yes, yes, I’ll take that, that one as well, yes“.
The whole she-bang took two days to install then another several days to reject all the clothes that weren’t worthy of my new space.
I really wish I had before pictures to show you just to have that dramatic before and after effect but being the bad blogger I am, no before pictures were taken.
So I present to you, the finished product:
Isn’t it pretty?! 😀 Plus it has all these awesome features that keep everything in it’s place:
And most importantly a place for all my running gear…which was really the point of the post, before I was just excited to show it off.
Which also brings me to my next point…I will have more space for all my new #FabulousFitGear! For the past few months I have been participating in the Fabulous Fit Gear Swap hosted by Renee at Bendiful Blog.
So how does it work?
- Each month you can sign up for the gear swap. You will be matched with another swapper. You will purchase $20 worth of gear that you think your swapper would like. (if they are into YOGA DO NOT buy them Crossfit gear, please) It’s a great way to share your favorite items with people who are also interested in great gear.
- You MUST sign up through the form by the 5th of the month, and agree to ship your gear out by the 15th of the month.
- You will email your match and get an idea of their workout gear likes and dislikes, ask for sizing if you plan to look for apparel, no one wants gear that doesn’t fit.
- The Best part YOU will also receive a package each month from your match!
- Get great gear and meet some new friends throughout the month.
- CURRENTLY ONLY open to people in the United States.
- On the last day of the month, you can share (Blog, tweet, facebook, instagram) your new fit gear with the hashtag #fabulousfitgear
- I will host a blog link up here at Bendifulblog.com for all the blog posts!
This month I was paired up with Sarah from The Fit Cookie and received all these awesome goodies! Thanks Sarah! 😀
Now that I have more room for all my fitness gear and apparel, you better believe that I will be signing up again next month too!
Who else loves a good closet purge?
Any fun home updates happening this spring?
Have you participated in the #FabulousFitGear Swap?
This post is also linked up with Fitful Focus for Fit & Fashionable Friday!