Foodie Friday: 4 Ingredient Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Cookies
Welcome back to our weekly Foodie Friday link up! I’m linking up with Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, Farrah from Fairyburger and Cassandra from Powered by BLING to create awesome healthy recipes each week! Also, make sure you hop around to check out all the amazing recipes in this link up and feel free to add your recipes as well!
I seriously could not be more excited that it is Friday. It has been a rough week of playing catch up after being away and traveling last weekend. Thankfully, our theme for this week’s Foodie Friday link up is 5 Ingredients or Less, so whipping up this little number didn’t take too much time or effort.
These Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Cookies are actually something that I make a lot and have even posted something similar before on the blog a while back but the pictures were a little lack luster and I modified a few of the ingredients so I decided to post it again.
These are actually mini-cookies. The photos are a bit deceiving but they really are more bite size in nature in comparison to a normal cookie.
Maybe I should have named them Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Bites….
Anyway, bite size or not, they are pretty healthy and only contain 4 ingredients: almond butter, vegan vanilla protein powder, 1 egg and vegan chocolate chips.
And since they’re made of almond butter, they also wash down perfectly with some almond milk….just sayin’.
Yields: 16 Mini Cookies
- 1 cup raw almond butter
- 2 scoops (~80 grams) vanilla protein powder (I used Skoop)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine almond butter, protein powder, egg and chocolate chips in a bowl together. Make sure to mix thoroughly.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll mix into small balls (a bit bigger than a tablespoon) and flatten a little when placing onto parchment paper.
- Place additional chocolate chips on top if desired to make it pretty 😉
- Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
As I noted above, I used Skoop B Strong Viva-Nilla protein powder to make these quick little cookies! What I love about B Strong is that it has 16 grams of plant based protein and is packed with prebiotics to help absorb all the nutrients and is antioxidant rich helping your cells recover faster post-workout.
You can enter for your chance to win a bag of Skoop B Strong, A Game and 2 Skoop shaker bottles using the rafflecopter below. Ends 3/19 at midnight.
Next week we our theme is Free for All, though since it is the weekend before St. Patrick’s Day you know I will be posting something festive!
Have a favorite healthy recipe to share? Make sure you link up below!
- We’d love to stay in touch! Here are more ways you can connect with us
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’