Foodie Friday: 5 Ingredient Double Chocolate Protein Bars
Welcome back to our weekly Foodie Friday link up! I’m linking up with Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, Farrah from Fairyburger and Cassandra from Powered by BLING to create awesome healthy recipes each week! Also, make sure you hop around to check out all the amazing recipes in this link up and feel free to add your recipes as well!
Our theme today is a healthy on-the-go snack so I’m sharing my easy-peasy 5 ingredient NO BAKE gluten free and vegan protein bar recipe. These literally take no-time to whip up and once you let them sit in the fridge for a few hours, they’re ready to grab and go!
The ingredients consist of just almond butter [even though raw almonds are pictured- they were just more photogenic 😉 ], vegan chocolate protein powder, vegan and dairy free chocolate chips, Crunchy Flax + Chia cereal and pitted dates!
I apologize for the lack of photos…the lightening in my house was terrible . These were actually taken out in the snow in single degree temps all for the sake of good lighting. You’re welcome. 😉
- 1 cup of Enjoy Life Crunchy Flax + Chia Cereal
- 1 cup all natural almond butter
- 1 scoop of vegan chocolate protein powder (I used Plant Fusion)
- 1/2 cup of pitted dates
- 1/3 cup of dairy free chocolate chips, melted
- In a large blender combine cereal, almond butter, protein powder, and dates. Blend until combined.
- Transfer to an 8X8 glass dish and smooth out with a spoon until flat and even.
- Melt chocolate chips in a cup in the microwave for approximately 40-60 seconds. Add either dairy free milk or coconut oil to thin (a little splash or dab) if necessary.
- Drizzle over top of protein bar mixture and cover.
- Place in refrigerator for 2 hours or so to let harden.
- Remove and cut into bars.
- We’d love to stay in touch! Here are more ways you can connect with us
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’