Foodie Friday: Almond Joy Smoothie
Welcome back to our weekly Foodie Friday link up! I’m linking up with Montana from Pretty Lil’ Mudder, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl and Farrah from Fairyburger to create awesome healthy recipes each week! Today’s theme is smoothies! Make sure you hop around to check out all the amazing recipes in this link up and feel free to add your recipes as well!
Honestly, making smoothies comes easy to me and I have even been called the “smoothie queen” by some of my friends and fellow bloggers. While I am honored by that “title” I also find it humorous. Most of the time I just glance in my cupboard and fridge, recognize ingredients that go together and blend. That being said, it never really occurred to me to make a smoothie blending almonds, chocolate & coconut together- maybe because I wasn’t that much of an Almond Joy fan as a kid? Who knows. Whatever the case, lately I have been seeing a lot of Almond Joy recipes floating around the web. Almond Joy granola here, Almond Joy pancakes there, Almond Joy everywhere! Which inspired me to make an Almond Joy smoothie. Really, it is almost natural that chocolate, coconut and almonds would all be paired together, they are all delicious and nutritious on their own so why not blend them together?Here is the recipe:
- 1.5 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I used Vega Sport)
- 1/2 tablespoon cacao powder (optional- use if you want a more chocolatey flavor)
- Shredded cococnut & slivered almonds for toppings
- Blend all the ingredients together.
- Top with shredded coconut & almonds.
- ENJOY :)
- We’d love to keep in touch with you, here are more ways you can connect with us! 😀
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Montana | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
Don’t forget to stop by again next Friday- our theme is chicken dinner!