Foodie Friday: Avocado, Black Bean & Corn Salsa, the Perfect Picnic Dish
Welcome to our weekly Foodie Friday link up! I’m linking up with Montana from Pretty Lil’ Mudder, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl and Farrah from Fairyburger to create awesome healthy recipes each week! Today’s theme will be Perfect Picnic! Make sure you hop around to check out all the amazing recipes in this link up and feel free to add your recipes as well!
- 1 avocado cut, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 medium size tomato, diced
- 1 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can of white corn, drained
- 1 small bunch of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juiced salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients up to the corn and mix. Add chopped cilantro, lime juice and salt and pepper, toss until everything is coated.
The avocado adds some creaminess, the black beans add heartiness and the corn adds the perfect crunch. What really gives it a burst of flavor is the combination of lime juice and cilantro that this refreshing summer side dish is dressed in. It can be eaten with chips like a dip or even served as a side dish!
This pairs really well with honey-chili barbecue shrimp which is what I serve it with when I make the recipe for the family. The spice that the chili gives is a nice contrast to the coolness of the salad. To make the shrimp, I simply took raw shrimp, skewered them and brushed a whisked combination of honey, chili and olive oil onto the shrimp and grilled!
Whether you choose to use this summertime salsa as a dip for chips or as a sassy side dish it is sure to be a perfect picnic party pleaser (say that five times fast 😉 )
- We’d love to keep in touch with you, here are more ways you can connect with us! 😀
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Montana | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
QOTD: What are your favorite picnic eats?