Foodie Friday: Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Bake
Welcome back to our weekly Foodie Friday link up! I’m linking up with Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, Farrah from Fairyburger and Cassandra from Powered by BLING to create awesome healthy recipes each week! Also, make sure you hop around to check out all the amazing recipes in this link up and feel free to add your recipes as well!
Right now I am on my way to the Big Apple aka NYC to go get my DVRT Certification and visit Nicole who is nice enough to let me stay with her. As excited as I am to get my certification, I think I am more excited to visit Nicole!
I get to bunk up with her in Brooklyn and if the weather stays like it is we might just be spending our free time making some foodie treats. We have a running list of what we’d each like the other to make though it is mostly in our heads so who knows what we will end up creating. Whatever it is, I will be sure to share because you know it will taste and look fantastic!
Since our theme for today’s Foodie Friday link up is “Berry Hot Breakfast”, I am going to share my version of a berry oatmeal bake. Pretty simple to whip together and make- it’s pretty much just mixing the ingredients together, poppin’ it in the microwave and then adding some berry hot toppings 😉
- 1/2 cup gluten free minute oats
- 1/4 unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup + 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp almond or nut butter (I used Pocketfuel Naturals Vanilla Haze)
- In a ramekin, mix together oats, almond milk egg and 1/2 cup of blueberries.
- Microwave for approximately 1 minute, maybe a few seconds more then remove.
- In a large cup, microwave rest of blueberries for approximately 30 seconds then remove and mash with a fork.
- Top baked oatmeal with almond butter of choice then pour mashed blueberries on top.
I know this sounds like it might be dry or even not sweet enough or too eggy but let me tell you, it is SO GOOD. I rarely enjoy having oatmeal for breakfast but after making this and eating it, I can tell you I will be having it more often!
If you have a yummy recipe to share make sure you link up below and if you’re looking for a theme, next week we will be whipping up something that’s “5 ingredients or less”!
- We’d love to stay in touch! Here are more ways you can connect with us
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’