Foodie Friday: Caprese Stuffed Chicken Dinner
Welcome back to our weekly Foodie Friday link up! I’m linking up with Montana from Pretty Lil’ Mudder, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl and Farrah from Fairyburger to create awesome healthy recipes each week! Today’s theme is chicken dinner! Make sure you hop around to check out all the amazing recipes in this link up and feel free to add your recipes as well!
The chicken recipe that automatically came to mind for the link up this week was Caprese Stuffed Chicken. When I think of the traditional flavors of Caprese, it immediately makes me think of summer because it is light and delicious. The flavors of aromatic basil, fresh mozzarella and in this case, the sweetness of sun dried tomatoes really are a great combination for a delicious dinner. Especially when its drizzled with a balsamic glaze. Ive been on a balsamic glaze kick lately if you haven’t noticed 😉
The preparation of this dish is fairly simple and only contains approximately five ingredients plus a sprinkle of seasonings. Really you just trim and butterfly the chicken, stuff with basil and sun dried tomatoes, season and throw it in the oven for a few, top with the remaining ingredients and BOOM, you have a delicious dinner ready to devour.
- Chicken Breasts (3), trimmed
- Fresh Basil, 9-12 leaves
- Fresh Mozzarella, sliced thin
- Sun Dried Tomatoes, packaged (not in oil)
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
- Balsamic Glaze
- Spring Green Mix (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Butterfly chicken breasts and season with salt, pepper, & garlic powder.
- Place two-three leaves fresh basil and several sun dried tomatoes on one side of chicken then fold the other side on top. Secure with toothpick if needed (I did not need to).
- Carefully place stuffed chicken into a glass baking pan with 1/4" water, to ensure they stay moist.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, may be a bit less/more depending on size of chicken breasts.
- Remove from oven and top with sliced mozzarella, basil leave & sun dried tomato.
- Place back in oven for another minute to let cheese melt.
- Remove chicken and plate over spring greens or with favorite side dish.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Enjoy! :)
As you can see above, I chose to eat my chicken with spring greens but this would taste great with broccoli or even mashed cauliflower! I honestly was going to make mashed cauliflower but it was a bit of a busy night, so spring greens it was!
- We’d love to keep in touch with you, here are more ways you can connect with us! 😀
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Montana | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
Hope everyone has a lovely Friday! Check back next week where we will be serving up some heavenly healthy desserts for Montana’s birthday!