Foodie Friday: Chocolate Covered Strawberry Haze Frozen Parfait
Welcome back to our weekly Foodie Friday link up! I’m linking up with Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, Farrah from Fairyburger and Cassandra from Powered by BLING to create awesome healthy recipes each week! Also, make sure you hop around to check out all the amazing recipes in this link up and feel free to add your recipes as well!
Since tomorrow is Valentine’s Day, our theme today is anything that is V-Day inspired! I am not going to lie, Valentine’s Day really isn’t my thing. Anyone that knows me knows that I am not the lovely dovey type and certainly not the best at displaying affection. I typically don’t do anything fun to celebrate except maybe have a glass of red wine….which is apparently heart healthy so that’s kinda celebrating, right?
I don’t even really have decorations or at least I didn’t until my 3 year old went to preschool this year and it became apparent that I needed to start doing at least a little something for it. So I broke down and went and bought some plates and cups to make her a festive breakfast along with these sparkly hearts to go along with this delectable dessert!
The bottom layer is Pocketfuel Naturals Chocolate Haze hazelnut and almond butter blend, the middle is a blend of almond milk, strawberries and Plant Fusion chocolate protein powder then it’s topped with a strawberry and drizzle of Pocketfuel Naturals cold brew coffee Mocha Energy Shot. After it’s all assembled stick it in the freezer and voilà….a frozen festive treat that’ll be sure to tantalize the taste buds!
- 1.15 oz packet of Pocketfuel Naturals Chocolate Haze
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 scoop chocolate protein (I used Plant Fusion)
- 1.15 oz packet Pocketfuel Naturals Mocha Energy Shot
- 1 strawberry, cut in half
- In a small parfait cup, squeeze Chocolate Haze nut butter and spread out evenly.
- Place almond milk, strawberries and protein powder in a blender and blend until smooth. Consistency should be a little thick.
- Pour onto the top of the nut butter- you will have some leftover.
- Place strawberry half on top and drizzle with Mocha Energy Shot- you will also have some left over.
- Place in freezer for at least 20 minutes and let set.
Notes: Recipe serves one but can serve two if you double the amount of Chocolate Haze and add a bit more liquid/berries to blended mixture.
- We’d love to stay in touch! Here are more ways you can connect with us
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’