Creamy Sweet Potato Pasta
Not that we’ve had many lately but on those really cold, crisp chilly days especially after a long run I crave CARBS and sometimes I even crave pasta.
Sometimes I crave sweet potatoes too and sometimes….I crave BOTH, which is how I came up with pasta that is slathered in sweet potatoes.
Here is how it came about.
Soooo I had some extra, already cooked sweet potatoes in the fridge courtesy of my mom. At first, I was going to make something sweet- a mug cake of sorts. Then I remembered that I didn’t have all the ingredients I needed to make it. Also, my mug cakes always seem to turn out a little worse for the wear.
Anywho, this was supposed to be all about finding ingredients in the kitchen, throwing them together and making something spectacular…..so I turned my sweet potatoes into a sauce.
I know what you’re thinking. Carb sauce on TOP of carbs?! Why, YES and I will tell you why. First, it was all I had…my “basket ingredients” so to speak. Second, it solves my “I’m allergic to tomatoes and can’t have regular sauce” problem. Plus, sweet potatoes and pasta are delicious…just think of this as the ultimate comfort food! 😉
CREAMY SWEET POTATO PASTA
- 1 large cooked sweet potato, skin removed
- 2/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 cups gluten free penne pasta
- 1 tbsp dairy free cream cheese
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- fresh sage to garnish
- In a large blender, puree sweet potato and milk together then transfer to a small pot and heat on the stove.
- While heating, cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Add cream cheese and seasonings to sweet potato sauce. Once full heated and combined remove from heat and set aside.
- Drain and rinse pasta.
- Place pasta in serving bowl, pour and mix in sauce.
- Plate and garnish with sage.
Makes approximately 2 servings.
Have a recipe to share? Be sure to linkup with myself and Running on Happy.