Foodie Friday: Crunchy Coconut Chia Cashew Energy Bars
Welcome back to our weekly Foodie Friday link up! I’m linking up with Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, Farrah from Fairyburger and Cassandra from Powered by BLING to create awesome healthy recipes each week! Also, make sure you hop around to check out all the amazing recipes in this link up and feel free to add your recipes as well!
This week we are linking up to share how to get creative in the kitchen with some coconut! The first thing that came to mind was the combo of cashews and coconut…can you tell I’m on a cashew kick lately? Then I thought maybe I should just throw in some chia seeds for good measure, make ’em crunchy and really go all out with an alliterative title!
While I choose to bake these, they can also be chilled and served chewy (<— see what I did there? I’m on a roll!). Anywho, whichever way you choose to make them I can assure you, you won’t be disappointed.
- 1/2 cup crunchy cashew butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut + extra for topping
- 1/2 cup white chia seeds
- 1/4 brown rice syrup
- 1 3/4 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cashew butter, coconut, chia seeds (and protein powder, if using) together in a bowl.
- Mix in oats, then add in warmed (10 secs or so in microwave) rice syrup.
- Mix in rest of wet ingredients.
- Line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper and press mixture down firmly.
- Top with rest of shredded coconut.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes (don’t over bake or it will become too hard, I over baked mine a bit-OOPS!)
- Remove and let cool.
- Alternatively, refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Don’t forget to linkup below if you have recipe to share that you’ve been loving lately and join us again next week for some healthy cookie recipes!
We’d love to stay in touch! Here are more ways you can connect with us
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’