Foodie Friday: Dairy Free Broccoli “Alfredo” with Shrimp
Welcome back to our weekly Foodie Friday link up! I’m linking up with Montana from Pretty Lil’ Mudder, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, Farrah from Fairyburger and Cassandra from Powered by BLING to create awesome healthy recipes each week! Also, make sure you hop around to check out all the amazing recipes in this link up and feel free to add your recipes as well!
This week we are linking up to bring you comfort food recipes! I honestly struggled with what to make for this week. When I tried to think of my favorite comfort food I wasn’t really sure I even had one. Most traditional comfort foods are too heavy and greasy which have never really sat well with me. I briefly considered making mac’n’cheese but when I started creating the recipe, I realized it was better suited for my Meatless Monday post, so stay tuned for that 😉
While I am not sharing my mac’n’cheese recipe today, it did inspire me to make dairy free “Alfredo” with shrimp, so I apologize in advance for two pasta recipes in a row. Growing up my mom would make Chicken Alfredo and it made a regular appearance on our weekly menu, particularly when it was cold. Given our twenty degree temps the last week, this revised recipe seemed rather fitting. My dairy free version is still creamy and comforting but without all the guilt.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 bag frozen petite broccoli florets (or fresh & steamed)
- 1 bag 31-40 count shrimp (fresh or frozen & defrosted)**
- 1 package of gluten free spaghetti cooked, prepared according to instructions
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In a large sauce pan heat olive oil and add garlic and sautee.
- Add in coconut milk, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Add in frozen broccoli and bring to a boil for several minutes then lower to a simmer letting mixture reduce and thicken.
- Add in shrimp and let it continue to reduce.
- Remove from heat and add in cooked spaghetti.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- **Can just leave out shrimp or sub in cooked chicken instead.
- We’d love to stay in touch! Here are more ways you can connect with us
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Montana | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’