Foodie Friday: Eye Popping Avocado Deviled Eggs
HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Welcome back to our weekly Foodie Friday link up! I’m linking up with Montana from Pretty Lil’ Mudder, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, Farrah from Fairyburger and Cassandra from Powered by BLING to create awesome healthy recipes each week! Also, make sure you hop around to check out all the amazing recipes in this link up and feel free to add your recipes as well!
Obviously, since today is Halloween we had to celebrate by sharing some spooktacular foodie treats! Instead of the traditional sweets loaded with sugar I wanted to do something of the savory nature and it’s so good, it’s scary! 😉 Before I share the recipe with you, I have to tell you a little story about the horrific time I had trying to make these. Not because it is complicated or hard to do, but because the bloody sriracha just disappeared into thin air and little gremlins gorged on some eyeballs when no one was looking.
Wednesday afternoon, my little baby angel children were quiet and sleeping. I decided it would be the perfect opportunity to whip these devilish treats up quick and snap a few photos while it was still light out. I boiled the eggs, peeled, cut & scooped them and went to get the rest of the ingredients out of the fridge. Avocado- check! Olives-check!, Lime juice-check! Sriracha….no where to be found. This is only incredibly frustrating because I had JUST gone to the store to purchase more sriracha for this specific recipe. I tore apart the fridge, the cupboards, even check the oven (ya never know) and it was NO WHERE! Strange and super annoying. Back into the fridge everything went until I could get my hands on another bottle.
Fast forward to yesterday morning. New bottle of sriracha in hand, I attempted to resume my efforts to make these and begin construction. That’s when all HELL broke loose. Gremlin 2 wanted water….screaming for it. I turn my back and go to get water just to turn around and find Gremlin 1 helping herself to some eggs. OH MY LORD…just let me make the damn eggs. I attempted to “decorate” these eggs all while more gremlin screaming and screeching was occurring. Photographing was no easy chore either and even typing up the post was traumatizing. Gremlin 2 insisted on trying to pull my hair out the entire time while Gremlin 1 howled, defiantly throwing things across the room as if she was struck by demonic possession.
- 6 eggs
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- sea salt
- onion powder (to taste)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- martini olives
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil, then reduce the heat to low.
- Add eggs and cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from stove top then drain and bath in cold water.
- Peel the eggs then slice in half length wise.
- Remove yolks and place in a medium bowl with avocado, lime juice, small squirt of sriracha and spices and whip together.
- Once whipped, tablespoon mixture back into egg whites.
- Slice martini olives thin and place over the center of the deviled egg.
- Decorate with sriracha to imitate "bloodshot look" (clearly mine needs help)
- Serve and enjoy! :)
- We’d love to stay in touch! Here are more ways you can connect with us
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Montana | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’