Foodie Friday: No Bake Protein Treats
Welcome back to our weekly Foodie Friday link up! I’m linking up with Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, Farrah from Fairyburger and Cassandra from Powered by BLING to create awesome healthy recipes each week! Also, make sure you hop around to check out all the amazing recipes in this link up and feel free to add your recipes as well!
So sometimes our best laid plans just don’t happen. I had a really yummy recipe in mind for today’s “no bake” theme but for whatever reason, the odds were against me and it just didn’t work out. I even went to the grocery store on Wednesday night to grab what I thought I needed. I couldn’t find the crunchy cereal I wanted to I tried to improvise and it just didn’t work. UGH.
Sometimes part of being a food blogger is dealing with kitchen failures and while normally I have time to try to correct it, I just didn’t yesterday. Not only was I lacking a crucial ingredient, I was also chasing my kids around as they harassed the guy installing my new California Closet. So I’m not really all that upset….I am getting my dream closet, after all.
If I am able to actually organize my clothes in a presentable fashion once it is all put together, I will be showcasing my little slice of closet heaven in all it’s glory on here at some point.
For now, I am just going to leave you with two no bake recipes that I have previously posted and deserve a little more time in the spotlight 😉
Skoop Chocofresh Energy Bites:
- 1 cup oat flour (or processed oats)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 scoop/packet of Skoop A-Game Chocofresh
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs + extra to roll in
- unsweetened shredded coconut for rolling
- In a large bowl or blender, combine all the ingredients except extra cacao nibs & shredded coconut.
- Let sit in the fridge for about an hour and then remove and roll into balls.
- Coat each of the balls with either shredded coconut or cacao nibs.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Enjoy! :)
- 1 cup of Enjoy Life Crunchy Flax + Chia Cereal
- 1 cup all natural almond butter
- 1 scoop of vegan chocolate protein powder (I used Plant Fusion)
- 1/2 cup of pitted dates
- 1/3 cup of dairy free chocolate chips, melted
- In a large blender combine cereal, almond butter, protein powder, and dates. Blend until combined.
- Transfer to an 8X8 glass dish and smooth out with a spoon until flat and even.
- Melt chocolate chips in a cup in the microwave for approximately 40-60 seconds. Add either dairy free milk or coconut oil to thin (a little splash or dab) if necessary.
- Drizzle over top of protein bar mixture and cover.
- Place in refrigerator for 2 hours or so to let harden.
- Remove and cut into bars.