Foodie Friday: Parsnip Truffle Fries
Welcome back to our weekly Foodie Friday link up! I’m linking up with Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, Farrah from Fairyburger and Cassandra from Powered by BLING to create awesome healthy recipes each week! Also, make sure you hop around to check out all the amazing recipes in this link up and feel free to add your recipes as well!
This week our theme is “Pinterest Curiosities” or recipes that we’ve been wanting to make but haven’t had a chance to yet. With all of the awesome recipes I come across, this was hard to choose. I seriously have a board on Pinterest called “Deliciousness to Try” with 445 pins. That’s four hundred and forty-five recipes that I’ve been dying to try but just haven’t had the time yet.
As much as I wanted to make one of the recipes that I pinned a year ago…I picked one of my most recent pins because I was craving some fries.
Seriously, how good do these look?
This recipe for healthified fries comes from Paleo Grubs and it is amazing. I already love truffle salt and use it on everything so I knew I would love this recipe. Though this recipe calls for truffle oil, I used the truffle salt I had on hand instead. Just had to swap around the ingredients but still the same amazing flavor!
Recipe- Adapted from Paleo Grubs
- 3 medium parsnips, peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- truffle salt to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh parsey, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice parsnips into thin fries. Toss in a bowl with olive oil, truffle salt and pepper.
- Spread out in an even layer on a baking sheet or on top of a wire rack on a baking sheet (then there is no need to turn over). Bake for 20 mins.
- If using baking sheet, turn fries over and place back in the oven at 450 degrees. Bake for another 5-10 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove fries from oven and place in a large bowl. Toss with fresh parsley and more sea salt, if desired.
- Serve & Enjoy!
- We’d love to stay in touch! Here are more ways you can connect with us
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
Next week our theme is Valentine’s Day if you want to play along or just link up your favorite foodie recipe