Foodie Friday: Peanut Butter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich Minis
Welcome back to our weekly Foodie Friday link up! I’m linking up with Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, Farrah from Fairyburger and Cassandra from Powered by BLING to create awesome healthy recipes each week! Also, make sure you hop around to check out all the amazing recipes in this link up and feel free to add your recipes as well!
Heeey, I’m back! Sorry for the silence yesterday…I decided to take a much needed day off from social media to get some real life stuff done before my sister’s wedding and all the busyness this weekend!
Anyway, on to more delicious things like PEANUT BUTTER and ICE CREAM! 😉
I scream (hence the caps above), you scream (c’mon, let’s hear it), we all scream for PEANUT BUTTER ICE CREAM SANDWICHES! Today’s theme is peanut butter but I took it a step further by including delicious, gluten free and lactose free Arctic Zero “ice cream”.
I won’t go into a whole review of Arctic Zero today but if you haven’t tried it, you need to because it’s delicious, and satisfying without all the fat and calories. This fit frozen dessert is low glycemic, lactose free, gluten free, GMO free made with top quality whey protein and naturally sweetened with monk fruit.
I received some to try out and have slowly been taste testing pint by pint. So far, my favorite is the Vanilla Maple and tastes perfectly delicious with these 4 ingredient peanut butter cookies. So perfect, in fact, that I stuffed a creamy scoop of heaven right between two of them.
They are actually quite simple to make…just bake the 4 ingredient cookies, let them cool then scoop the Arctic Zero Vanilla Maple creaminess, stuff and enjoy!
- 1 cup all natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, I used Garden of Life Smooth Vanilla
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips, I used Enjoy Life (optional)
- Arctic Zero Vanilla Maple Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together peanut butter, applesauce, egg, and protein powder. Add in applesauce little by little- I ended up using between 3/4-1 cup.
- Mix in chocolate chips, if desired.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, place a little larger than a tablespoon of batter about an inch apart.
- Bake on top rack for 10-12 minutes.
- While cookies are baking, scoop desired amount of ice cream into a plastic cup to achieve cylinder shape and place back in freezer.
- Remove cookies and let cool.
- Remove ice cream from freezer and using a serrated knife, slice ice cream into desired thickness while still in the cup.
- Remove plastic ring from ice cream and sandwich ice cream between two fresh cookies.
Makes about 12 cookies or 6 sandwiches.
Don’t forget to linkup below if you have a yummy recipe to share! Also be sure to stop by again next week when we will be sharing some heart healthy bean recipes! 😉
We’d love to stay in touch! Here are more ways you can connect with us
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’