Foodie Friday: Raw Blueberry Pie Bites
Welcome back to our weekly Foodie Friday link up! I’m linking up with Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, Farrah from Fairyburger and Cassandra from Powered by BLING to create awesome healthy recipes each week! Also, make sure you hop around to check out all the amazing recipes in this link up and feel free to add your recipes as well!
This week our theme is healified pies. I’m not going to lie, at first I was stumped. Hmmm…pies. I don’t really eat pies, I don’t really make pies, what on earth could I come up with to healthify a pie?
The whole idea of tackling a crust and making it gluten free seemed a little overwhelming. I really not good at making pies in the first place and buying a pre-made crust kinda seemed a bit like cheating THEN I remembered a raw pie crust I came across a while back made by the beautiful Laura-Jane aka The Rawtarian!
I have admired her long before blogging and she makes the most delicious and beautiful looking raw recipes. I simply took her pie crust recipe, adapted it a bit and made them into mini pies.
To mold the mini-pies I used a mini-muffin pan, pressed the raw mixture in and chilled it- as she instructs with regular size pie crust.
I then topped it with my own three ingredient “filling” concoction that is simply just made of coconut milk fat, vegan vanilla protein powder and blueberries all blended together!
Don’t they just look so pretty? I popped one in my mouth and much like Pringles, it was hard to stop 😉 These poppable pies would even be a perfect addition to a intimate little Venetian hour. I personally will be enjoying them for breakfast the next few days!
Prep time: 10 minutes Chill time: 2 hours Yields: 12 mini pies
Pie “Crust” adapted from The Rawatarian
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 pecans
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Combine all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until well processed.
- Press into mini-muffin pan and store in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- 1 full fat can of coconut milk, chilled.
- 1 scoop of vegan vanilla protein powder (I used Skoop B-Strong Viva-Nilla)
- 1/2- 3/4 cup of fresh blueberries
- Scoop coconut fat out of can and put into food processor and combine with protein powder and blueberries (reserving a few to garnish). Add a splash or two of coconut water from can if necessary.
- Blend until smooth and well combined.
- Place a dollop of filing on top of each pie crust along with a blueberry.
- Savor and enjoy!
- We’d love to stay in touch! Here are more ways you can connect with us
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’