Foodie Friday: Roasted Buffalo Chickpeas
Welcome back to our weekly Foodie Friday link up! I’m linking up with Montana from Pretty Lil’ Mudder, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, Farrah from Fairyburger and Cassandra from Powered by BLING to create awesome healthy recipes each week! Also, make sure you hop around to check out all the amazing recipes in this link up and feel free to add your recipes as well!
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL? I know I am, it is my favorite time of year and honestly I have been looking forward to it since the end of last football season. The 95th NFL season officially starts this Thursday, the 4th, with the annual kickoff game featuring defending Super Bowl Champs, the Seattle Seahawks vs the Green Bay Packers. While neither of those are my team, I will be rooting for the Packers- gotta love those crazy Cheeseheads 😉
I’m actually a New York Giants fan- their first regular season game is against the Detroit Lions on the 8th, which they’ll obviously win! Mostly because this is their punter:
In all seriousness, I actually love football so much that I usually host a kick off party and a Super Bowl party every year if I am not celebrating it amongst friends else where. Regardless if I am hosting it or not, I always make some fun football food to munch on but try to keep the snacks as healthy as possible. One of my favorite snacks to serve is roasted chickpeas. They offer a crunch like a chip but are packed with fiber which helps to fill you up and keep you full!
For this particular recipe, I chose to make Buffalo flavored roasted chickpeas which are a play on the traditional Buffalo chicken wings that are normally served at football parties but without all the unhealthy deep fried fat.
I used just a few simple ingredients to create the flavor profile- hot sauce, ghee aka clarified butter, garlic powder, onion powder and salt & pepper!
Here is the recipe:
- 2, 14.5 ounce cans of chickpeas
- 4-5 tbsp Frank's Red Hot sauce
- 1 heaping tsp of ghee
- Sea Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas then pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a medium bowl, toss chickpeas, hot sauce, ghee, salt, pepper, onion & garlic powder making sure to coat evenly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper then place chickpeas on top in a single layer.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until crispy. Check occasionally to make sure they aren't burning.
- Remove from oven & let cool.
So there you have it, a simple and delicious snack that will satisfy both your craving for wings and for crunch! Do you have a favorite football food recipe? Make sure you add it in the link up below! Oh and don’t forget to check back next week- we are making over your favorite breakfast recipes, Foodie Friday style!
We’d love to keep in touch with you, here are more ways you can connect with us! 😀
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Montana | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
QOTD: Do you watch football? Who is your favorite team?