Foodie Friday: Shrimp & Scallop Bisque over Pasta
Welcome back to our weekly Foodie Friday link up! I’m linking up with Montana from Pretty Lil’ Mudder, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, Farrah from Fairyburger and Cassandra from Powered by BLING to create awesome healthy recipes each week! Also, make sure you hop around to check out all the amazing recipes in this link up and feel free to add your recipes as well!
Did you know today is National Pasta Day? Yup, there is a website and everything. It’s filled with facts about the origins as well as the descriptions of the different types of pasta. Over the last few weeks, I swear it has been more like National Pasta Month round these parts. I have made more pasta-centric dishes than normal such as; Italian Sausage and Broccoli Rabe Casserole, Hot Caponata over Spaghetti, and Kale & Red Pepper Warm Pasta Salad and today I bring to you a pasta recipe of the seafood variety; Shrimp & Scallop Bisque over Pasta.
Really, any pasta will do but I choose spaghetti to give it a traditional flare for this not so traditional dish. While I normally don’t eat bisque, I LOVE seafood and the fact that this rogue soup traded its bowl for a plate and some pasta is all sorts of phenomenal.
- 1 package of gluten free spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch of scallions, chopped and bulbs discarded
- 1 lb small bay scallops
- 1 lb 50-71 count shrimp
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large pot, cook spaghetti according to package instructions.
- In a large pan heat olive oil over medium to high heat then add garlic and scallions and cook until soft.
- Add scallops and shrimp, making sure to flip scallops after a minute or so and cook on the other side.
- Add heavy cream, wine, salt and pepper to taste.
- Lower to a simmer and cook uncovered until pasta is ready.
- Drain and rinse pasta then plate and spoon over shrimp and scallop bisque.
- Enjoy! :)
- Don’t forget to check back next week, we will be serving up some scrumptious soups! Also, we’d love to stay in touch! Here are more ways you can connect with us
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Montana | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’