Foodie Friday: Spiced Banana Protein Muffins
Welcome back to our weekly Foodie Friday link up! I’m linking up with Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, Farrah from Fairyburger and Cassandra from Powered by BLING to create awesome healthy recipes each week! Also, make sure you hop around to check out all the amazing recipes in this link up and feel free to add your recipes as well!
So this week our theme is b-a-n-a-n-a-s! Truth be told, I can’t eat raw bananas or banana flavored things. Actually, can’t isn’t necessarily accurate…I can eat them I don’t like them. Strangely enough, I do like banana bread…I am weird like that.
So given the fact that I despise raw bananas, that left me with the one recipe that I have successfully made using bananas (as the main ingredient) and actually enjoy!
These Spiced Banana Protein Muffins have made an appearance on the blog before it was some time ago and unfortunately most of my sub-par photography disappeared in one of my many blog updates. Which means this is the perfect opportunity to remake, rephotograph and share again!
They’re easy to whip up, perfect for breakfast on the go or as a post-run snack!
They’d also taste DELICIOUS topped with my cinnamon cashew cream spread or even cashew butter!
Spiced Banana Protein Muffins
- 2 cups oat flour (or make your own oat flour by putting GF oats in a processor)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used Plant Fusion)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately then combine. Once thoroughly mixed, spoon into greased or lined muffin pan.
Bake for approximately 12 minutes. Check for doneness by sticking a toothpick through the middle of a muffin, they’re done if it comes out clean!
Make sure to linkup below if you have a recipe to share and join us again next week when we explore dairy free alternatives!
We’d love to stay in touch! Here are more ways you can connect with us
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’