Foodie Friday: Sriracha Deviled Eggs with Bacon
Welcome back to our weekly Foodie Friday link up! I’m linking up with Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, Farrah from Fairyburger and Cassandra from Powered by BLING to create awesome healthy recipes each week! Also, make sure you hop around to check out all the amazing recipes in this link up and feel free to add your recipes as well!
So today our theme is “Favorite Food Makeover” and this one was hard for me to choose just one favorite since really, I have so many. I almost resureccted an old recipe on the archives and I was going to remake it, rephotograph (a lot of my old pictures are poor quality) and showcase it for today. Instead, I decided to go with something new and try to get all fancy.
This may or may not have been a mistake as time was not on my side and these poor little devilish eggs turned out looking a bit worse for the wear.
While they are still just as fantastic as they sound, they’d look a little better if I had one of those fancy piping bags (that’s a technical term). After this eggstraordinary “disaster” I will certainly be investing in one! 😛
Enough with how they look, let’s move on to how they taste! Aside from the fact that they are deviled eggs (aka delicious), they are also made with SRIRACHA and topped with BACON. I’d actually think these should be called “Devil’s Breakfast Bites” because they are just that damn delectable 😉 I also managed to make them much healthier than traditional deviled eggs by replacing the mayo with hummus OR you can use Greek yogurt. Sadly, I can’t have yogurt or I would have used it instead.
- 6 hard boiled eggs (here are instructions on how to perfectly hard boil eggs)
- 1/3 cup of plain hummus or Greek yogurt
- 1.5 tbsp + 1 squirt or 2 (for good measure) of Sriracha
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup of chopped scallions + some for garnish
- Pinch of sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 slices of cooked bacon, chopped (I used turkey bacon)
- Slice hardboiled eggs lengthwise and scoop out yolk into a medium bowl (or better yet a food processor).
- Add in hummus, olive oil, scallions, salt and pepper and mix.
- Put mixture into a piping bag (or plastic storage bag with bottom tip cut off) and pipe into egg white halves.
- Sprinkle with scallions and place bacon piece on top. You can also crumble the bacon which may work better.
So clearly a lot of things that came as an afterthought (blending mixture in food processor, piping bag and crumbled bacon) would have made these more visually appealing but they still taste the same nonetheless!
Make sure to link up below if you have a healthy recipe to share and join us again next week where we will be sharing our take on grilled cheese! 😀
We’d love to stay in touch! Here are more ways you can connect with us
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’