Foodie Friday: Thai Basil Shrimp with Rice Noodles
Welcome back to our weekly Foodie Friday link up! I’m linking up with Montana from Pretty Lil’ Mudder, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, Farrah from Fairyburger and Cassandra from Powered by BLING to create awesome healthy recipes each week! Also, make sure you hop around to check out all the amazing recipes in this link up and feel free to add your recipes as well!
So the goal of this week’s recipe was to make something all in one pot to keep things simple and easy peasy for those nights when things are complicated and crazy.
Things honestly have been quite crazy at my house lately and I actually found myself making this dish yesterday in a huge rush so that I could snaps some pretty pictures of it before the sun went down.
If you can’t tell from the photos, I really did just throw this together and it didn’t take too long to make. I was actually in such a rush that I forgot to remove the shrimp tails but they added some color to the pictures so not all is lost 😉
- 1-2 tbsp sesame oil
- 51-60 count defrosted, pre-cooked shrimp- tails removed
- 2 red bell peppers, julienned
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- 1 tbsp low sodium & gluten free soy sauce
- 1.5- 2 tbsp mirin rice wine
- ground ginger (sprinkle)
- garlic powder (sprinkle)
- onion powder (sprinkle)
- 4.4 oz of thin rice noodles (or half a package of Thai Kitchen Thin Rice Noodles)
- 2 oz chiffonade of basil
- sesame seeds (sprinkle)
- In a large wok, heat sesame oil and add in shrimp and peppers.
- Add in coconut milk, soy sauce, mirin and seasonings and bring to a boil
- Once boiling, remove from heat and add in rice noodles and stir into shrimp mixture.
- While still hot, add in the basil.
- Remove from heat and plate.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and enjoy
- We’d love to stay in touch! Here are more ways you can connect with us
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Montana | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’