Foodie Friday: Tropical Coconut Mango Chia Pudding
Welcome back to our weekly Foodie Friday link up! I’m linking up with Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, Farrah from Fairyburger and Cassandra from Powered by BLING to create awesome healthy recipes each week! Also, make sure you hop around to check out all the amazing recipes in this link up and feel free to add your recipes as well!
Today we are sharing a taste of the tropics and I swear I had every intention on making the most delicious lychee coconut smoothie but unfortunately, the grocery gods were not on my side and lychee is simply no where to be found in the booming metropolis of Oswego, NY. The reason I was so dead set on using lychee is because it’s one of the few fruits that are low histamine plus lychee is kind of one of those things you don’t see being used too often and I figured it would be fun to incorporate into a recipe.
Alas, I had to settle for mangoes. While tropical, they aren’t low in histamine. I honestly don’t know that for a fact since it’s approved on some lists but not on others but it’s what I had to settle for since pineapples and all other citrus fruits are out.
For whatever reason I also switched my original plan from a smoothie to chia pudding…most likely because chia seeds have come up a lot in my low histamine research as being one of the only approved seeds to consume. I think I started subconsciously craving it and all the sudden found myself whipping it together the other night!
While not sip worthy like a smoothie, I still think it makes for a delicious and refreshing way to enjoy the taste of the tropics for breakfast.
Coconut Mango Chia Pudding
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla coconut milk
- 1/3 cup white chia seeds
- 1 20g scoop of Skoop B Strong Viva-Nilla Protein Powder (use Vanilla Hemp for low histamine diet)
- 1/3 cup diced mangos + more for topping
- 1/4 cup of shredded coconut + more for sprinkling
- Sprinkle of goji (optional)
- In a mason jar, combine milk, chia seeds and protein powder. Shake vigorously then mix in mangoes and coconut.
- Place lid and cap on top.
- Place in fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight. It will be done once chia seeds have completely absorbed liquid.
- Remove and top with more mangoes, shredded coconut and goji berries.
- Grab a spoon + enjoy! 😀
Don’t forget to linkup below and share whatever recipe you’ve been loving lately! Be sure to join us next week for some absolutely awesome apple recipes!
We’d love to stay in touch! Here are more ways you can connect with us
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’