Meatless Monday: Cali Kale + Quinoa Salad


Happy Meatless Monday and last Monday of July!  I don’t know about you but for me, July really flew by quickly.  The better part of it has been spent traveling including my time in California for BlogFest.  

While I was at BlogFest I got to try a lot of new delicious snack foods, particularly at the Expo but aside from that (and due to not a lot of free time) my food choices were pretty limited to the little quad area where we were staying. 

One restaurant in particular called Yard House (pretty sure it’s a chain restaurant but it was new to me) was responsible for keeping me nourished approximately 75% of my stay.  The other 25% was from the Starbucks next door 😉 Anyway, the one dish that I ordered there at least 5 times in the 3 days was the kale salad so I decided to do my own little spin on it for Meatless Monday! 

California Kale + Quinoa Salad {Vegan, Gluten Free, Meatless Monday}

 

It is actually listed on their menu as the Kale Caesar Salad but given my dietary restrictions I took out everything Caesar like and just renamed it the Cali Kale + Quinoa Salad. Constructed with baby kale, quinoa, golden raisins, pistachios, dairy free cheese and cherry tomatoes, it’s my own little taste of California in New York. 

While my recreation does have the dairy free (Daiya) cheese on it, the one I had in the restaurant didn’t.  I also don’t eat tomatoes but the salad was screaming for some color, I promptly picked them off after photographing- you can choose to leave them on 😉 

You might also like:  Oven Baked BBQ Beet Chips

California Kale Salad {Vegan, Meatless, Gluten Free}

California Kale + Quinoa Salad {Meatless Monday, Gluten Free, Vegan}

California Kale + Quinoa Salad {Meatless Monday, Gluten Free, Vegan}

Ps. Not pictured is any dressing- I used oil and balsamic vinegar while California but feel free to use any kind you prefer. An orange vinaigrette would taste amazing but I didn’t have anything of the sort on hand. 


 

Cali Kale + Quinoa Salad 

RECIPE

Ingredients:

  • 4-5 oz baby kale 
  • 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
  • 1/8 cup golden raisins
  • 1/8 cup pistachios
  • 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1/3 cup dairy free cheese (I used Daiya)
  • Oil & vinegar to taste or dressing of choice

 

Directions: 

  1. Place kale on plate then top with rest of ingredients. 
  2. Drizzle dressing on top and enjoy! 

Don’t forget to linkup if you have a meatless meal to share! :)

Meatless Monday Logo

 Loading InLinkz ...

This post is also linked up with Tina Muir and Confessions of a Mother Runner for Meatless Monday. 


signature
Print Friendly
aelicatese
About me

Annmarie is a self proclaimed foodie, avid long distance runner and functional fitness coach. A DVRT Master Trainer, HKC Instructor and food allergy sufferer, she writes about strength training for runners as well as shares allergy friendly recipes for busy athletes.   She is also the owner of Strength In Motion Studio, mother of two sassy sisters and wife to a chronically busy chiropractor.   Subscribe by email for updates to get the latest workouts, advice and recipes straight to your inbox!

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

Spicy Tahini Apple Slaw {Vegan}
Spicy Tahini Apple Slaw {Vegan}
August 18, 2017
spaghetti squash summer salad (1)
Spaghetti Squash Take Along Summer Salad + Giveaway
August 14, 2017
EB FB 2 (1)
Sriracha Egg Salad Cabbage Wraps {Mayo-Free}
August 07, 2017
These Soft Baked Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies are gluten free, dairy free and made with plant protein! Enjoy these healthy, low sugar treats for dessert or even breakfast!
Soft Baked Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies
August 04, 2017
Refuel after your run with this Sweet Potato and Blueberry Superfood Salad. Perfect for lunch or dinner. Packed with honey glazed sweet potatoes, fresh fruit, baby kale and bit of chocolate pumpkin seed bars, it's the perfect recipe to help refuel and restore after a hard workout.
Sweet Potato and Blueberry Superfood Salad
July 31, 2017
Start your morning with this Nuts & Berries Breakfast Smoothie. It's dairy free, vegan, gluten free and protein packed making it the perfect way to fuel your day!
Nuts & Berries High Protein Breakfast Smoothie {Dairy Free}
July 28, 2017
Riced Broccoli & Sun-Dried Tomato Frittata Recipe. It's an quick, easy and healthy post workout breakfast!
Riced Broccoli & Sun-Dried Tomato Post Workout Frittata
July 24, 2017
coffee ice cream 6
20 Healthy Recipes to Satisfy Your Junk Food Cravings
July 21, 2017
coffee cake granola FB
Coffee Cake Power Granola
July 17, 2017