Meatless Monday: Curry & Honey Roasted Harvest Veggies
A few weeks ago when I attended #FitBlogNYC I was gifted this ENORMOUS goodie bag full of so much swag it literally took a week to sift through it. Aside from all of the fitness gear and beauty products we were given, we were also gifted some pretty awesome food items as well. Obviously since I am a foodie this excited me a bit more than I am sure the average person and it took most of my will power not to open and taste it all in one sitting. I did manage to hold off though…at least for a few days ;D
Anyway, one of the many food related items we received was this Asian Curry & Honey Veggie Roaster mix. It’s all natural, gluten free and contains no MSG. While I am sure I could have been a bit more creative with my application of it, I couldn’t help but just want to sprinkle it on some veggies and roast them. Those carrots on the front of the package just looked too darn delicious for me to want to use it for anything else. Plus if I learned anything from Chef Carla Hall at Fit Blog, it was that seasonings are the best way to tingle the taste buds!
So with that in mind, I figured why not give some seasonal veggies a little Asian spice love sprinkle and make it a meal! The beauty of it all was that it didn’t take too long to make and even if you don’t have this prepackaged mix handy you can still make your own at home. Here are a list of spices/seasonings/flavorings I would include:
- Sea Salt- 2 teaspoons
- Pepper- 1 teaspoon
- Onion Powder- 2 teaspoons
- Garlic Powder- 2 teaspoons
- Cumin- 2 tablespoons
- Coriander- 2 tablespoons
- Turmeric- 2 teaspoons
- Ground Ginger- 1/2 teaspoon
- Cayenne- 1/2 teaspoon (or to taste)
- Honey- drizzle
Combine the spices in a small bowl. Then in a large bowl mix veggies and spices with a drizzle of honey & toss with some coconut oil then spread it on a baking pan and roast! Wait 30 minutes or so and viola, you’re done!
- 3 or 4 large carrots, cut length wise then halved
- 12 oz Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 2 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 butternut squash, diced
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 package of Asian Curry & Honey seasonings OR seasonings listed above
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop, slice, dice and prepare veggies.
- In a large bowl, mix veggies with seasonings and coconut oil.
- Spread into a single layer on a baking pan.
- Cook for approximately 30-35 minutes.
- Remove, serve & enjoy! :)
I also link up with Lean Lena for Tasty Tuesday! Make sure you check it out for more yummy recipes