Meatless Monday: Deconstructed Veggie Sushi Bowl
Happy Meatless Monday! I can’t believe it’s the last Monday in June. Seriously, when did that happen? This month has been crazy busy for me and a majority of it was spent making sure that my sister’s wedding this past weekend went off without a hitch.
I’m happy to report that despite the rain, it was a great success! We laugh. we cried then we over indulged in copious amounts of wine and champagne 😉
The celebrations and fun will continue into July with Wednesday being my birthday 😉 and then the middle of July bring my big trip to Cali for Blogfest!!! I am so excited, I can’t wait!
Anyway, all this busyness has created the need for quick and satisfying meals….like a sushi bowl!
I seriously crave sushi at least once a week and were I live, it is nearly impossible to find (or order) decent sushi and since my knife and rolling skills are sub par, I resort to a quick and easy sushi bowl!
- 2 cups cooked rice (white or brown)
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced seedless cucumber
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
- gluten free soy sauce or spicy mayo (not shown but either is a delicious option)
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Place cooked rice in a medium sized bowl and top with avocado, carrots, cucumber.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Serve with a side of soy sauce.
Don’t forget to linkup with us if you have a meatless recipe to share!