Meatless Monday: Green Goddess Sandwich
Usually during the day for lunch I have a smoothie of sorts but lately with my mileage increasing due to half marathon training, I need something to keep me more satisfied. I am not a big fan of deli meat and I don’t often have fresh cooked meat available so often times I end up making a veggie sandwich of sorts.
I will admit that this one is a bit fancier than what I normally throw together but if you have these ingredients available to you- I highly recommend making this gorgeously green sandwich.
I choose to eat it without any dressing mostly out of pure laziness but it would taste delicious with a drizzle of olive oil, squirt of lemon and a dash of pepper.
Doesn’t it look so pretty? It was almost too gorgeous to eat but I did and it was SCRUMPTIOUS! If you wanted to make it vegan you could eliminate the mozzarella and replace it with some hummus or even some tofu!
- 2 pieces of gluten free bread, lightly toasted (I used Udi’s)
- 2 leaves of hydroponic Boston Lettuce
- 6 slices of seedless cucumber
- 1 piece of fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (or handful) of Clover Sprouts
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- olive oil, lemon & pepper for dressing (optional)
- Assemble the sandwich by placing cheese on one side and topping with cucumbers.
- On the other side place leaves then top with avocado, sprouts and dressing if desired.
- Place sandwich halves together and enjoy!
I also link up with Lean Lena for Tasty Tuesdays so be sure to head over and check out all the deliciousness!