Meatless Monday: Grilled Honey Lime Fiesta Kabobs
How in the heck is it Monday again? I know I say that a lot but it always seems that the weekends go by so fast! This past weekend was no different. On Saturday I attended a Kentucky Derby party and picked my Mountain Goat packet beforehand.
I am pretty sure I looked like a crazy lady when I was in line to grab my bib and even more so when I asked one of the Fleet Feet sales associates to take my picture in front of the Mountain Goat sign!
Despite getting all dressed up and cheering on the ponies, none of my picks won so straight to bed it was to get some much needed rest for the race yesterday. I will be posting a recap tomorrow but lets just say, it was super hot and obviously very hilly!
Anyway, back to my point…the weekend was quite busy as I suspect the rest of my weekends will be for the next several months. I feel like as soon as May hits it just becomes a busy time for everyone between weddings, baby showers, graduations and vacations…it is really never ending. So I present to you a quick and easy recipe that you can make in a pinch to bring to BBQ’s, parties and even a Cinco de Mayo fiesta!
Makes 4 Skewers
For the kabobs:
- 1 orange pepper, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 avocado, diced into 1 inch pieces
- 8 grape tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 8 pieces of cubed pineapple (I purchase pre-cut to save time)
- 4 wooden (presoaked) or wire skewers
For the marinade:
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Heat grill.
- Skewer orange pepper, avocado, tomato, green pepper, pineapple on each stick twice.
- Whisk together ingredients for the marinade and generously brush each kabob on both sides.
- Place skewers on grill and let cook for 5 minutes before flipping to the other side. Watch carefully to make sure they do not burn.
- Remove from grill and plate. Serve alongside extra honey-lime sauce if desired!