Meatless Monday: Parmesan Roasted Acorn Squash
Happy Meatless Monday after Christmas! Hope it was a great holiday weekend for those of you that celebrated! It was a busy one for my family and I- Christmas Eve was spent at my in-laws enjoying the beautiful almost 70 degree weather while feasting on the seven fishes…
…for Central NY that is CRAZY warm for the end of December and likely it will never happen again anytime soon so we soaked up some sun while steaming the shellfish.
Christmas day was spent at my moms which included breakfast, lunch AND dinner. She cooked up quite the spread for us to enjoy which included this Parmesan Roasted Acorn Squash dish!
It was honestly so delicious that I decided to share it for today. Unfortunately I didn’t have my camera with me so I had to snap some quick pics with my iPhone but trust me, it’s yummy even if my food photography doesn’t show it!
PARMESAN ROASTED ACORN SQUASH
- 1 2 lb acorn squash halved, seeded and sliced 3/4 inches thick
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- Sea salt & fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan (1 oz) or sub dairy free parm cheese (like Parma!).
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the squash with oil, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Transfer squash to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan or dairy free “parm”.
- Roast the squash until golden brown and tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Real Simple
Don’t forget to linkup (and link back) with us if you have a meatless recipe to share!