Meatless Monday: Quinoa Fiesta Bowl!
The last few week I have been so busy that if my post title wasn’t “Meatless Monday” I am not sure I would even know what day it is. That being said, I refuse to sacrifice nutrition even if I am too busy to remember to brush my teeth- don’t judge, it happens!
Anyway, I made this delicious Mexican inspired quinoa dish for lunch last week but it would be perfect for dinner as well. I love subbing in quinoa any where I can for extra protein and nutrition plus this festive bowl is topped with avocado so that makes it automatically amazing, duh. I left out any cheese in order to keep it vegan friendly but if you are a dairy lover, then cheese be with you.
Here are a few pictures so you can feast your eyes on this gorgeously green avocado.Isn’t it pretty? It is especially tasty when paired with the spicy chili seasoning and citrus lime flavors of the rest of the dish. Some serious yum in a bowl, my friends
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 can yellow corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can mild green chilies
- lime juice
- chili powder
- sea salt
- cilantro to garnish
- dollop of salsa
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- Once quinoa has cooled a bit add in several spoonfuls of corn, black beans and green chiles (as much or little as desired).
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and chili powder and mix.
- Squeeze in some lime juice, I'd say maybe 1/8 cup or so then mix.
- Place avocado on top along with salsa and garnish with cilantro.
- Enjoy! :)