Meatless Monday: Spicy Baked Avocado Fries with Honey Lime Dipping Sauce
Happy Meatless Monday! Can’t believe it’s the last Monday in March….yet still the temperatures here are hovering between 20 and 30 degrees. In an attempt to warm up I decided to make something a little spicy with some summer flare to it hoping it would bring the warmer weather around.
Which is why I made some seriously yummy spicy baked avocado fries paired with a honey lime dipping sauce. Sounds pretty tropical right? Now only if the weather would play along we’d be in business.
While I have made some variations of baked avocados before, like my Italian Baked Avocado, it never occurred to me to make them into fries. Then recently I came across some somewhere and thought “GENIUS!”. It seemed simple enough to recreate, honestly it’s so simple I don’t know why I’ve never made them before.
I even had all the ingredients I needed without going to the store…avocado (obviously), eggs, gluten free bread crumbs and some spices. The dip was just as simple and only requires lime juice, honey, olive oil and a sprinkles of spices as well.
Ingredients for the fries:
- 1 avocado, peeled with pit removed
- 1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs (I used Schar)
- 2 eggs, whisked
- Sea salt, to taste
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Onion powder, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Chili powder, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
Ingredients for the dipping sauce:
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- Pinch of sea salt
- Dash of garlic powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Sprinkle of red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In two separate medium bowls whisk together eggs in one and breadcrumbs and spices in another.
- Slice avocado length wise then dip each into egg wash then into the breadcrumb mix so they each are fully coated.
- Arrange onto a greased baking pan and bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- While fries are baking whisk together lime juice, honey and spices for dipping sauce.
- Remove fries from oven and plate with dipping sauce.
- Serve & enjoy!
These baked little nuggets of avocado heaven really were quite amazing much like the Avocadough baked sweet treats giveaway that I am currently hosting right now! Only a few more days to enter, ends April 1st at midnight!
Also, be sure to link up below if you have a yummy meatless recipe to share!