Meatless Monday: Spinach, Mushroom + Red Pepper Omelet Muffins
Happy Meatless Monday! I can’t believe that it’s already Monday again and that we are halfway through March. I feel like this month has seriously flown by but it is always a busy time for me.
Both of my kids are born in March and every year I also make a trip with my hubby to attend a chiropractic conference at the Mohegan Sun. I am actually here right now as I am typing this and will be headed back just in time to celebrate my daughter’s 2nd birthday on Sunday!
Since it is about a 5 1/2 hour drive (or if you’re my hubby, about 4 1/2) I decided to make some omelet muffins to snack on during our road trip as opposed to shoving gas station food down in my mouth due to hanger (I get hangry a lot).
What I love about these omelet muffins is that they are easy to make and they’re super portable. They’d also be a great dish for a brunch party since they are easy to grab and munch on while you mingle.
While you can really make these with any veggie you please, I went for spinach, mushrooms and roasted red peppers because they are easy to incorporate and that’s what I was craving! I also might have a slight obsession with roasted red peppers.
Yields: 12 muffins
- 4 oz mushrooms (any kind), chopped
- 6 oz roasted red peppers, chopped
- 3 oz baby spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 eggs
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- onion powder, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil then sautee mushrooms, red peppers and spinach for approximately 5 mins, remove from heat.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs then add in mushrooms, peppers and spinach. Season with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder to taste.
- Using a ladle, pour mixture into greased muffin tin filling about 3/4 of the way.
- Place in oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove, let cool & enjoy!
Do you have a yummy meatless recipe to share? Make sure you link up below!