Meatless Monday: Vegan Pumpkin Coconut Curry Recipe
Since I started October with a pumpkin recipe I thought it was quite fitting to end the last Monday of October with a pumpkin recipe as well.
VEGAN PUMPKIN COCONUT CURRY
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 full fat can coconut milk
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups diced & cooked butternut squash
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, shredded plus extra to garnish
- 2 tsp curry powder
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 tbsp pepitas, toasted
- Cooked rice for serving
- Heat coconut oil in a large wok then add in onions and garlic, cook until no longer opaque then add in red bell pepper and squash then cook until soft.
- Drain water from coconut milk and add coconut fat into mixture.
- Once mixed, add in 1/2 can of pumpkin puree and stir to combine.
- Add in shredded basil and season with curry, sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Serve over cooked rice topped with roasted pepitas and garnished with remaining basil.
Makes 2 large servings.
Notes: Cook butternut squash by dicing then boiling first. Roast pepitas in toaster oven on 425 degrees for approximately 5-8 minutes.
Have a meatless recipe to share? Make sure you linkup AND link back below! 😉