More Liebster Love
I was notified by Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl that she nominated me for a Liebster award earlier in the week!
In case you didn’t see my previous post about what a Liebster award is, here is the general idea:
It’s an online award given by bloggers to bloggers who generally have a following of 200 readers or less. The rules are:
1.) You must link back to the person who nominated you
2.) You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3.) You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award (with a small following)
4.) You must create 10 questions for your nominees
5.) You must go to their blogs and notify the nominees
It has taken me a few days to respond to her questions but here are my answers:
1. What inspires/motivates you to run or workout?
I am inspired to workout because I want to set a good example for my children. I want them to see that being healthy and keeping active is a lifestyle and that it should be fun, not a chore!
2. If you had $1,000 to spend on fitness related items/races, what would you choose?
There are so many things that I could buy with $1,000 related to fitness. I would probably put it toward a really fancy treadmill though, I don’t own one and it’s something I would like to invest in.
3. What is one food you never thought you would like but now do?
In the last year I have really fallen in love with Brussels sprouts, definitely not a food that I ever loved as a child or even in my early adulthood.
4. What is your favorite magazine? Fitness related and non-fitness related?
I am really not a magazine reader but if I do browse through one at the doctors office, it is usually a People Magazine.
5. What is your go-to recovery meal?
Protein shake! I usually refuel with one within twenty minutes of my workout!
6. What is your ultimate dream fitness accomplishment?
Right now I am training to run a half marathon so I guess it would be to actually cross the finish line!
7. What would your perfect home-gym look like?
I started my home-gym several years ago and have been adding to it since. I would like to add some plyo boxes, a treadmill, a rowing machine. There are so many things that I could think to add but it all comes down to space and money! Booooo.
8. What is your favorite drink?
Non-alcoholic? Water and coffee. Alcoholic? Definitely wine and when I’m feeling feisty some gin 😉
9. What has been your proudest moment thus far in your life?
My proudest moment would be becoming a mom. My girls are amazing little human beings and I’m proud to be their Mama.
10. What is your favorite vacation spot?
I’m not really a warm weather person so my favorite vacation spot would have to be the Adirondacks which are located about 3 hours East of me. Absolutely a gorgeous place to visit, especially in the Fall.
*BONUS* I also found last week right after I published this post that I was also nominated for a Liebster Award by Nicola from RUNNING ON CLEAN. Wowzers, I really am feeling the love, thank you!!! Here are the 10 questions she asked me and here are my answers!
- How did you start your fitness journey? I started my fitness journey right before I got married a little over 4 years ago. I have always loved being active but I really started to workout regularly and after working out with a trainer for a few years, I fell in love!
- Why did you start your blog? I started my blog about 3 months ago because I was lonely, bored and in need of company since I am a SAHM. I love fitness and food and thought that blogging would be a great way to connect with others who share the same passions.
- What activities/sports are you most passionate about and what do you gain from doing them? I am most passionate about high intensity workouts and more recently, running. Since starting my fitness journey I do a lot of functional training type workouts and that will always be my first love. Running is something that I have come to love and enjoy mostly because it is a way for me to decompress and spend some time being active without “thinking”.
- Who is your fitness inspiration? Hmm, this is a tough question! I don’t really have any specific inspiration. I am inspired on a daily basis by the friends that I have made while blogging and interacting with on social media.
- Do you meal prep? If so, when and do you have any tips? I am embarrassed to say that I don’t really meal prep. I have time during the week to develop recipes and I like to be inspired by what I am craving. I have wished at times that I did meal prep though, just because it would make life a bit easier for the days when I am busier than normal.
- What is your go-to breakfast recipe? I religiously eat gluten free toast with almond butter and coffee every morning. Sometimes I add a green smoothie to it but during the week, that is my go-to breakfast.
- Finish the sentence. When I’m not running I’m… strength training or doing a conditioning workout in someway. OR I am being a mom or blogging. That is pretty much how I spend my days!
- Imagine this, you are on a self directed race and get lost. You find yourself beside a lake with no one else around. What do you do? Without question, I would stop and take it all in, probably take a few pictures as well. There have been times when I was running a new route and came across a beautiful view or scenery. I always stop just to savor it for a second (jogging in place) and take a picture.
- List your top 2 short and long term goals. My top short term goals would be to finish the half marathon I am training for in under 2 hours and successfully run the 5k Strollerderby Race I am running two months before (its a double stroller and apparently a hilly course). My two long term goals are to become certified as a fitness professional with a focus in nutrition and to also grow my blog so that I can make it a job vs. a hobby.
- What do you enjoy most about blogging? I really enjoy interacting with others the most and connecting with people who share the same passions as I do.
My 10 nominees:
Cassandra at Powered By Bling
Alicia at Fitness by Alicia
Montana at Pretty lil Mudder
Jolene at Southern Fried Soul
Lauren at Lauren Elyse CAN
Anna at Glam Legacy Fit
Priscilla at The Balance of Us
Lora at Daily Southern Sunshine
Rebecca Jo at Press On & Run
Stacey at RUNTOBEFREE10
1. Where is your favorite place to travel and why?
2. What is the last good book you read?
3. What did you want to be when you were little?
4. What is your favorite way to be active?
5. What is your go-to breakfast?
6. If you could eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
7. What are your hobbies outside of work/blogging?
8. Would you ever be able to go a day without your phone?
9. Do you prefer to exercise in the morning or at night?
10. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Can’t wait to read your answers, ladies!