No Bake Carrot Cake Bites
I don’t know about you but I tend to go in food phases. There are weeks where I eat almond butter every day the same goes for smoothies and blueberries and even sweet potatoes. I become with obsessed with a food until I find something else tasty to move on to.
Lately, I’ve been all about carrots. They’re delicious raw, roasted and even whipped into little gluten free fritters. They satisfy my crunch craving and are delicious prepared both savory and sweet which is perfect because I have also been on a Bard Valley Natural Delights Medjool date phase lately.
If you’re a runner or athlete and aren’t already on the Medjool date train then let me tell you, you’re missing out. For one, Medjool dates are chock full of potassium. So much so that they contain 50% MORE potassium by weight than bananas, making them the perfect, all natural food to refuel with after a hard run or cross training workout.
Natural Delights Medjool dates also contain natural sugars and are a low glycemic food which makes them the perfect snack for a quick energy boost without the crash that you’d normally get with added sugar snacks.
While you can easily eat them alone as a post-workout snack, they’re also a great sub for processed sugar in desserts. Since I’ve been on a carrot kick lately I decided to combine the two and whip up some No Bake Carrot Cake Bites to grab when I am craving something sweet.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Bard Valley Natural Delights but as always, all opinions are my own.
The best part about these bites is that they contain five ingredients. Aside from the shredded carrots and creamy Medjool dates, all you need is pecans, almonds and protein powder. Well, also ground ginger which is technically six but is totally optional depending on how you like your “carrot cake” to taste 😉
While you can absolutely enjoy these naturally sweet little bites any time of day, they’re particularly perfect to refuel with after a long run. Not only will they help to restore potassium levels but they’ll also help to aid in recovery.
NO BAKE CARROT CAKE BITES
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ½ cup raw pecans (more for topping, if desired)
- 1 cup Bard Valley Natural Delights Pitted Medjool Dates
- ½ scoop vegan vanilla protein powder
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ½ cup shredded carrots (more for topping, if desired)
- In a food processor (not blender), mix together nuts and dates. Process until completely combined and mixture is thick and sticky.
- Add in protein powder and ground ginger and pulse until combined with the mixture.
- Add in the shredded carrots and pulse until fully incoporated.
- Transfer tablespoon size amounts into mini muffin pan, smoothing out each with flat side of spoon.
- Top with extra shredded carrot and crushed pecans, if desired.
- Refrigerate until solid, at least 30 minutes.
Have a recipe to share? Be sure to linkup for Foodie Friday!