Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Energy Bars
I sorta kinda adapted this recipe but was more inspired than anything. For the base of the bars, I used chickpeas! They are grain free, gluten free, dairy free, vegan and super healthy for you! Plus they have maca powder in them which boosts energy…hooray!
- 1 can of chickpeas, pat dry
- 1 cup of crunch all natural peanut butter
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of PB2
- 2 tablespoons maca powder
- 2 flax eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life brand)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Blend chickpeas until creamy and smooth.
- Add peanut butter and blend until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients up until the chocolate chips, adding a touch more almond milk if necessary if it seems too dry.
- Once all combined and creamy, fold in chocolate chips and mix.
- This batter will be thick but "pour" it into a greased 8x8 baking pan.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes
- Let cool and cut into squares or bars.
- Enjoy with a big cup'o'coffee ;)
- To make flax eggs: combine 2 tablespoons of ground flax with 6 tablespoons of water and let sit for a few minutes until it becomes "yolky".