Race Registration Hesitation + A Very Inspiring Blogger Award
Harborfest is an annual festival that takes place in my hometown the last weekend of July and included in the many festivities is the Harborfest Run. Since it’s a local race, I figured I would participate but I have really been dragging my feet about signing up.
After procrastinating for the last month and hemming and hawing between registering for the 5k or the 10k I finally decided to just bite the bullet, go for it and register for the 10k. It’s not like I’m unaccustomed to that mileage at this point in my training but I just was having serious apprehension about this race in particular for some reason. Maybe it’s because they call the 10k race course “undulating”- meaning wave like which translates to hills. This also shouldn’t concern me because almost all of my training runs involve multiple gigantic hills.
I’m having a case of the “run dumbs” as my fellow blogger friend Tiffany from Running Hutch would call them! I just need to talk myself out of all the doubt and I’ll be fine, I hope. I’ll be sure to post a race recap to update on how it goes!
- Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other blogs you enjoy, then comment on their posts to let them know that you have nominated them.
Seven random facts about me:
- I drink my coffee black and on occasion enjoy a cappuccino.
- I hate chewing gum and haven’t had a piece in probably 10 years. I also generally hate the taste of peppermint.
- I despise the taste of raw bananas and tomatoes but enjoy them when baked or cooked.
- I can crochet and often spend cold winter days making blankets and coffee cozies.
- I am terrible at math, including simple addition and subtraction. I even mistakenly subtracted a tip from a restaurant bill once when I meant to add it- leaving a negative amount (thank goodness my friend double checked my math and corrected my mistake before we left).
- I studied criminology in college and wanted to be a profiler for the FBI and work with serial killers. I think serial killers and sexually deviant behavior in general is extremely fascinating.
- I belong to a local historical society and I am the youngest member by at least 40 years- no joke! I was able to pay for my membership by $5.00 per year or $25 for lifetime….I chose lifetime and I think I got a pretty good deal. Not so sure about the other 80-something-year-old members, they are a feisty bunch though!
Now onto my nominations:
- Sunshine & Strength
- Erica Finds
- Iron Woman Strong
- Fit Mama Love
- Lean, Clean & Brie
- Running on Clean
- Diary of an Ex Sloth
- Four the Health of It
- Body Rebooted
- Healthy Running Mom
- Running for Cupcakes
- Pretty Lil’ Mudder
- Pretty Little Grub
- The Happy Health Freak
- Strong Brees
These are blogs that I follow and are always filled with encouragement, motivation, helpful fitness tips and fun recipes! Hop on over and check them out!
As for my nominated blogger friends, play along for fun but no worries if you don’t have the time!
QOTD: What was your worst subject in school? Anyone else as terrible at math as me?