Riced Broccoli & Sun-Dried Tomato Post Workout Frittata
There are a handful of things in my life that I like to be quick….my post workout meal being one of them.
Typically during a workout, no matter how long or short, I give it 110% and am ALWAYS ready to refuel minutes after finishing.
My routine consists of either coming home from a run or coming up the stairs from my “whine cellar” AKA my home gym and heading straight to the kitchen to see what I can shove in my mouth.
Obviously, it has to be nutritious and delicious but speed is also key here too. If I am not blending together a smoothie my next go-to is eggs. I love them in any form but I REALLY love them mixed in with some veggies with a side of gluten free toast.
Yes, riced broccoli. No, I don’t spend the time or effort actually ricing it (remember, I am HANGRY and need fuel ASAP). I recently found steam in a bag riced broccoli from Hanover and it’s my new jam.
I literally steam the sucker, sauté it along with some onions, button mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes then whip up a few eggs, pour it in a pan and watch it become a kick butt stove top breakfast frittata.
Easy, peasy and quick. Which is always why the pics I snapped are done a little hastily…I was pretty hangry and ready to dig in so for that, I apologize 😉
Rice Broccoli & Sun-Dried Tomato Post Workout Frittata
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup oil packed, sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 large eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in medium pan then add onions and cook for approximately 2 minutes then add in the mushrooms and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add in the riced broccoli and sun-dried tomatoes and sauté for 2-3 minutes mixing in the onions and mushrooms.
- Whisk eggs, salt and pepper together in a bowl.
- Remove pan from the heat and add eggs into the veggies. Mix in then pour back into the greased pan.
- Cover with a lid and cook over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes. Top of the eggs may still be a bit runny, if you wish to brown the top then put it under the broiler for a few minutes.
- Serve along with gluten free bread and DIG IN.
Have a meatless recipe to share for Meatless Monday? Be sure to linkup with myself and Dixya from Food, Pleasure & Health!