Roasted Lemon Balm Chicken
- 2 split chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 bunch of fresh lemon balm, chopped
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place chicken in a glass baking dish and pour melted coconut oil evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle chicken with sage, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Evenly sprinkle the chopped lemon balm over the chicken.
- Pour chicken broth in the bottom of the pan (it maybe a bit less than 1/2 cup).
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes or until chicken juices are running clear.
- Serve & enjoy!
- I also included potatoes and baked them along with the chicken for this dish. I just quartered them, spread them evenly surrounding the chicken and sprinkled them with the salt, pepper, and thyme.
As mentioned in the notes above, I roasted potatoes along with the chicken which is predictable & traditional but tasty! Roasted asparagus would also be delicious to serve with the chicken as well. While this dish is nothing fancy it is quick and easy to throw together for a weeknight meal