Two Green Smoothie Recipes
When I post a smoothie on Instagram, I typically share the recipe as well and then never post them again. It occurred to me that I should be putting the smoothies on my blog since I have readers on here that don’t necessarily follow me on Instagram. Plus I can easily access these since they will be organized now instead of just scrolling through a bunch of unrelated pictures.
These two particular smoothie recipes I’m adding are new since last week. I will add others as I go that will just be “new” to the site but I have already shared elsewhere.
- -1 cup of coconut milk (I used unsweetened)
- -handful of baby spinach
- -juice of a lime
- -1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (I used Plant Fusion)
- -hefty sprinkle of unsweetened coconut flakes
- -handful of ice cubes
- Put all ingredients into a blender, blend until smooth.
- Sprinkle with coconut, garnish with lime wedge
Or if you just want something simple and less sweet, here is a quick and nourishing green smoothie without protein powder.
- -1 cup of filtered water
- -squirt of lemon juice (~ a tablespoon)
- -handful of organic spinach
- -1/3 cucumber, skin removed
- -small handful of frozen mango chunks (or ice if you prefer)
- -two dashes of ground ginger
- -dash of cinnamon
- -sprinkle of hemp hearts
- Put all ingredients into the blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Sprinkle with some hemp hearts
- Garnish with cucumber
- The lemon juice helps to detox, the ginger helps to settle the belly and the cinnamon helps to control blood sugar levels :)