Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake Parfait
The other day I shared a Strawberry Rhubarb Oatmeal Bake recipe that I made using local strawberries from Ferlito’s Berry Patch which is just around the corner from my house. On Wednesday, they opened up their fields to the public for U-Pick. Unfortunately it was super rainy, windy and not-so nice on Wednesday but Thursday was absolutely gorgeous and a perfect day for hand picking sun ripened strawberries. My 3 year old and I were out running errands so we stopped by on our way home and we found the most beautiful berries you could imagine!
She was so proud of herself but refused to pose for the camera and smile…such a stubborn little lady. When we got home she even helped me whip up this delicious non-dairy treat!
- For the Strawberry "Cheesecake"
- 1 1/2 cups soaked cashews (soak them overnight)
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries + 1 cup set aside for parfait
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- & 1 cup of crushed pecans for the bottom layer.
- For the Whipped Cream
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk, drained (save the water for smoothies)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 4 drops of liquid vanilla stevia (or to taste)
- Pulverize the cashews in a food processor until you get a creamy consistency. Add lemon juice as needed to smooth it out. Once creamy, slowly add strawberries until it is combined thoroughly then add the vanilla extract in. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate while you make the whipped cream.
- Drain the can of coconut milk so all that is left is the cream. Put it in a cold bowl (refrigerate empty bowl before hand) and whip it either with a hand whisk or a mixer. I used a mixer. Add in the vanilla extract and vanilla stevia and whip until it is combined and fluffy.
- Put pecans in the bottom of a parfait cup, top with strawberry cheesecake mix & fresh strawberries and then top with the whipped coconut cream.
This treat is perfect to enjoy even if you’re not vegan or dairy free plus it is a good source of protein and healthy fat but it tastes just as naughty as real cheesecake 😉